Sign in to follow this  
ckukmale

Project AI and Honolulu Lago Scenery

Can someone please who has Project AI planes installed and also the Lago Honolulu scenery let me know what airlines they see at the airport. At the moment I see just the Lago AI airlines it installed.Aloha 737sHawaiian Dc10s, 717s and 767sWhat I want to know if you see any other airlines there as Im sure that I would see UAL aircraft there also. I see UAL planes with Project AI at SFO and LAX and ORD for example but not at Honolulu. I dont know why they are not showing up.Any ideas and also thanks in advance for your time.Craig Kiltie

Guest gasebah

Hi Craigother airline's flights to and from PHNL have been deleted by your Lago installation. This was intended to make sure everything works right and no probs occur.If you want them back the following could work (not tested yet but will do shortly:Restore the old AFD-Files:one is in the FSMAINDIRSCENEDBAFDFILESSCENERY (hawafd.ORIGINAL)the second is in FSMAINDIRSCENEDBATCScenery (traffic_ORIGINAL.bbb)delete the ones from Lago and rename the backups.Then check the Lago folder. Under traffic install you will find flightplans and aircraft and airports txt files. You have to edit the contents by hand in the decompiled TTools files and run the compiler. Now you should have both.You will also have to install the airport file with the included AF installer. Doubleclick it, it is self explanatory.This may sound confusing and I guess this is the reason why LAGO wouldn't want you to do it yourself :-). Beware: That is just an idea. I have no proof so far that the method works. Make backups of everything before doing stuff like that.Alex

Thank god i made a backup of my aircraft, flightplans and airports txt files otherwise i would be majorly bummed out and pi$$ed off at LAGO for taking it upon themselves to decide what is best for us to see at PHNL.I would have given us an option to either install LAGO's aircraft and flightplans or not.Some of us worked hard to get our AI traffec up to the level it is now, we dont need LAGO deleting stuff from it without even letting us know about it.My 3 cents

Guest gasebah

Heads up, heads up,forget all the crap I just wrote. There are backups of your old files as text files for TTools. They are simply called Aircraft.txt, Flightplans.txt and Airports.txt as usual. They can be found in the directoryFSMain/SceneryDB/ATC/Scenery. Take 'em, and copy them to a directory with the TCompiler and TDecompiler.In the folder FSMian/Lago/Honolulu/traffic_install you will find corresponding file containing the LAGO AITraffic. Copy and paste the corresponding stuff to the file from FSMain/SceneryDB/ATC/Scenery.Run TCompiler.It works for me. I have my PAI traffic back where it belongs. Had a breif look and saw an UA.Alex

Hmm.. the AFDfiles is for parking/gates/COMM frequencies and NAVAIDS. the Traffic.bgl file is for AI traffic. If you revert to the original ADF hawaii file, you'll get the default or past AFD config for Hawaii, which won't use the Lago's scenery layout. FYIOnly play traffic.bgl for AI traffic.

I noticed your signature about turning AGP texturing off... Where is it and how do I turn that off? What can I expect when I do?

Guest gasebah

You are right of course. I did not think. I was just checking what files were change with the installation. No need to revert the bgls anyway. You can do all you need with TTools.Alex

Thanks for all your help.Works great now and before now Ive never touched traffic tools and having to do this myself made me realise how easy it is and Im hitting my self not trying it earlier.Craig Kiltie