Sign in to follow this  
Guest Popart

Showing online players as PAI

Guest Popart

Hey guys,I have VIP2 and CSL installed in the aircraft directory. I have also downloaded and installed the file to use the PAI traffic. I have all the PAI traffic in the CSL_ICAO file in the Squawkbox folder and the aircraft.cfg in my aircraft folder within FS.Yet I don't see any of the online players flying PAI aircraft, only the CSL ones. Howcome? Does a player have to choose a PAI aircraft from the aircraft selection menu within SB in order for me to see him/her as PAI? Or am I missing somerhing here?Another question: all aircraft I see are floating above the taxi/runway and when they move it isn't smooth. Is this normal?Thanks!

Guest Marv

Ok, If you file a PAI aircraft in SQBox, other players have to have the same CSL file. IF the don't have the same file, then they will see your plane as themselves. SBox does not send visuals to another players machine. This can cause a real problem with others, if let's say, they are flying the 737 PMDG. A couple of those at the airport and their frames die. The intense graphics will kill their approach if you know what I mean. Those that have the PAI files, will see PAI.Non standard CSL files are not recommended. It ruins the enjoyment for other pilots. Nothing worse than trying to land at 5 frames, or having a 4 hr. flight ruined by some one else's goodies. The server's only update location every 3-5 seconds or so, don't remember the exact figure. This is the reason for the jumping around, as it trys to estimate your position until the next update.My understanding that the new SB3 will help quite a bit in regards to the jumping around that you see, much smother. Marv

Guest Popart

Thanks Marv,When will SB3 become available? Any idea?I have given up on the PAI aircraft as CSL, after you and some others warned me about it. Don't want to spoil somebody elses fun!Strange thing though: last time I choose the KLM livery in SB to fly with and another person saw me as Turkish Airlines. I now know it is because he probably didn't have the KLM livery in his CSL library (which I downloaded in addition to the CSL package), right?Thanks for the clear info!

Guest Marv

Hi,I have no Idea when the new SB3 will be out. It's in alpha as far as I know. The developer has a web page with information, progress updates etc., I just don't remember the link. A search might find it. Marv

Guest Popart

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

Guest dweese

I saw somewhere that VIP2 will not work with FS2004 that could be your problem. I think it was on the VIP website.