Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tumbleweed

Newbie - SB 3

Guest Tumbleweed

As a newbie to online, it's kind of disconcerting to be reading these posts about all these software/system conflicts. I too have managed to setup everything as per the PRC instructions but when I click 'Start Search' for the SQ Multiplayer session, I get a message saying 'searching for games' and then just hangs. Have tried port adjustments, firewall on/off, Mcafee on/off, but same problem. Then when I finally was able to connect, the whole thing simply froze up.Do we know what the status with SB3 is and the timeframe for its elease?ThanksErich

Guest dweese

You may have to uninstall Mcafee and Norton (i you have it) there is something these 2 programs do not like about Micrsoft MP games, I could not get Midtown Madness to work on-line with Macafee running. AVG makes a good freeware anti-virus software, but it seems there newest version is having the same MP problem the other are having so look for version 4 if you go that way.Make sure your WinXP(if you have it) firewall is OFF no way around it until MS gives us WInXP SP2 later this year. How do you connect to the internet, you may have your firewall open but your router or cable modem may have its own firewall you need to set up.SB3 is coming along nicely coming up on its 4th alpha build but no release date at this time, you can track it at www.squawkbax.ca but don't ask when.