Sign in to follow this  
Guest sarashandyman

Hear but no see PLEASE help

Guest sarashandyman

Ok, I've read ALL of the 37 pages of this forum,even if they were written before fs9. My problem persists. I can logon to vatsim hear talk fly... just can't see anyone. Only funny thing I found is marked by ***'s below...Here's a run down of what I do and what I've tried0 start internet connection1 start Relay and wait until I get 'ready for SB and FS9'2 start FS9, set up flight, connect to multiplayer, 127.0.0.1, JOIN and I tried different client and host ports ie 12345 I changed both to 14325 or something like that3 I get messages in relay showing my 'aircraft' and 'fs game joined'.4 run SBHost5 Start SB3.22 I've tried running it from shortcut and straight out of SB folder. choose direct play ip... the top choice and search ****** here's one funny part: SB will not find any game, nor show up in relay (i don't know if it's supposed to) but when I click cancel, it will go ahead and show the main SB screen and let me click (I've removed it, restarted my pc, reinstalled it... no difference) then click'get into action'6 I'll Sq STBY, set up my FP, multiplayer range 40, connect and set com to frequency.7. start AVC and connect8. at this point I can talk reecieve, text to everyone (twr, incoming/taxiing AC... everything, but I am the only one visible. I have updated the SB IPADDR and the aircraft CSL and made sure the csl aircraft file is .CFG...I can't think of anything else. I've read all the docs in the PCR Vatsim area... Please HELPI am using Win XP, P4 1.7Ghz, Nvidia Gforce Mx 440 32 Mb, CH virtual pilot proFSUIPC 3.22, SB 2.3, sbHost.dll, Sbrealy 12...please help me :)Sincerely, Anthony

Guest dweese

What is happening is when you click cancel, you are skipping the multi-player side of SB that is why you only see your self.Read the Vatsim 103d doc at www.vatsim.net/prc that will give you more info on what router ports you need to open.Take a look at this as well.http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/sbrelay/help.html

Guest Marv

OK,Sounds like it might be a firewall issue, make sure that XP's built in firewall is diabled. It causes more problems than its worth anyway. Use a freeware or other firewall. If you already have one, check and make sure it's not blocking SQBox etc.Be sure to go over everything Dave has suggested. Marv

Guest sarashandyman

Ok, we may have progress...I read 103 d carefully and I double checked and did everything. In the sbrelay folder readme file I found a contradiction. In 103d it says in bold NEVER ENTER IP ADDRESS in fs9 Squakbox window... in sbrelay readme it says to also do it w/o IP and later (possibly in the troubleshooting section it says that if sb just idles and stays in looking for mode... to cancel, shut it down and start SB fresh, but to use the 127.0.0.1 IP ADDRESS...I tried it cold ie not on the net, and immediately sb relay had a 'sbrelay - squawkbox2(1/8)' connection and sb did its usual "get into action...So as soon as I get a chance to fire everything up (first thing in the morning) I will let you know :)I'd like an opinion on the 103d Never Use IP warning though... will that let someone into my pc (virus...) ????Thank you guys again so much :)sarashandyman

Guest ctsantzal

Hello there,i had the same problem and the solution proved to be, after many many hours of pure disappoiment, something very esay to find. I installed Zone Alarm and had a firewall on it that i didn't know about. Try to see if your connection's settings for the firewall are all off.Costis

Guest sarashandyman

Hey guys thank you for your quick responses. I replied twice yesterday but it didn't show up anywhere here, so I am more than happy to tell you again how much I appreciate your help.#1 I re-read 103d and had everything done to a T, then I found a contradiction in the sbrelay readme file. There, in the troubleshooting section, it says to try 127.0.0.1 in the SB 'enter IP ADDRESS' screen if it just idles at 'search for games'. The reason I ignored that is because in 103d it says to NEVER ENTER an IP ADDRESS in that particular window. So what do I do ? I gave it a dry run last night (without internet connected) and when I entered the IP, I got an immediate 'sbrelay - Squawkbox2(1/8)' connection and SB fired up as usual from there... So I think that would fix it, but what about that warning in 103d ??? Am I taking a chance on getting hacked or virus or something ???#2 Although I think #1 will fix it, I wanted to ask about the routers. Although I really don't have a clue, I don't think i am on a router... I have a dial-up connection to the local college (which likes to drop every half hour :)... would this involve routers ??which brings up a different Q: If I get disconnected in flight... just let fs continue and reconnect asap ? I know that on the ground I would restart at a gate.As soon as everything works ... I'll be checking on a dsl connection :) !!!!!Well guys thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I've been looking and trying and getting so frustrated and you guys are awesome, thank so much.I am off to give this a hot run, quick and sweet , since I dont know about the 103d/sbrelay readme contradiction :)let you know what happens :)sarashandyman

Guest sarashandyman

Ok, guys I can see !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!but the planes, at least the same model as mine look like me ???I'm still a little hesitant about the whole SB IP thing.you don't know how much I thank all of you :)sarashandyman

Guest dweese

There are 2 places you could enter the IP everyone is talking about. When the search window opens in SB and ask for an IP that is where you Should not have to enter it if you have opened your firewall ports right. But with SB and FS not everything is normal :)The place you can enter 127.0.0.1 is in your FS multi-player connection menu, only do that if the SBRelay session doesnot show up in 5-20 seconds.You said in one of your first post, that you had got on-line but everyone looked like you? You may have got it. How many aircraft on the ground at that time and were they all with the same airline? This problem does happen because some VA's have custom models for there CSL files. And becuase you don't have this model on your system you get a model that looks just like you. SB3 will fix this problem.