Sign in to follow this  
Guest thunderchicken

Trying to get started out

Guest thunderchicken

I went through the entire VATSIM document and was able to connect to a server, however I kept getting an error saying I was on the wrong frequency.I followed all the directions and after about 15 minutes, I had someone connect, which I was able to have a conversation.I was unable to see any traffic.

Guest dweese

Need more info.What FS VersionHow do you connect to the net.Do you have a router?

Guest thunderchicken

Using FS9I have a cable connection and it seemed to connect to the USA-S1 Server fineYes, I have a router, and I opened up those 2 ports.

Guest thunderchicken

Thanks, still no luck, this is what I get:040629 15:35:42 Squawkbox: >[PRIVATE]: SERVER: WARNING - AUTOMATED SERVER MESSAGE - You are on invalid frequency040629 15:35:42 Squawkbox: >[PRIVATE]: SERVER: Download FSUIPC.DLL from www.simclients.com and install it040629 15:35:42 Squawkbox: >[PRIVATE]: SERVER: Read CAREFULLY the installation instructions in the enclosed readme.txt file

Guest petepawn

And you do have squawkbox?

Guest thunderchicken

YesThe problem is that I have two operating systems on my computer, Windows XP Pro and Windows Server 2003. My Server is on C: and my Pro is on F:I mistakenly installed the FSUIPS on C: where I initially tried to run from Windows Server.After figuring this out and possibly the port problem as mentioned above, I was up and flying...Where's a good place to start? I tried to fly from KGSP -> KFTY, but the Atlanta Center went offline, wouldn't mind flying and learning this evening.Dave

Guest dweese

Read the docs at www.vatsim.net/prc that will give you a heads up on what you need to know when you go on-line.Toronto is always a nice place to fly :)