Sign in to follow this  
Guest lpmartineau

AVC problem

Guest lpmartineau

Hello all, I am a VATSIM newbiew, have read all the required reading and I am have read all the software requirements as well as installed and updated all required software (alot of it ain't there?) problem I am having is with Advanced Voice Client, when I open it up (either with the shortcut of threw FS9) I get an error saying..the Device you selected is not a valid input device, please select another.no problem BUTwhen I hit OK it crashes the program and I get a AVS.exe has generated errors and is being closed by windows etcetcI run windows 2000 pro that has service pack 4, Thank you for the helpLuc

Guest pegasusflyer

Hello,Try uninstalling your AVC and reinstalling your AVC. This time when you install it, try using the WAV input/output selection for recording and playback.Also make sure that all audio programs are disabled prior to starting up. Including instant messengers.

Dave, Still having the problem of AVC not loading when I start SB. I have to manually start AVC and then type in the servervoice channel. Then it works OK, but is a pain to have to do this every time I start. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling AVC, but not SB. Would that help?Thanks

Guest dweese

You do have the box check on the login screen of SB saying Use Roger Wilco voice?Once you have started it and selected a voice room, will it auto swtich after that?This is a new one to me :( Did Roger Wilco work find for you? I think some where on the SB menu there is something like 'Decode Voice IP r from ATIS' or something like that make sure that is check or not checked based on the wording.

Answers: Yes, box is checked. Don't know. Haven't had two voice controllers in a row to check. I'll let you know. Yes, RW used to work. AVC also worked until I auto -installed the Howard. I will check the Decode Voice IP from ATIS next time I fly.Thanks a lot for all the help.