Sign in to follow this  
Guest VOZSean

SBRelay 1.2 not resoponding on VATSIM

Guest VOZSean

Hi Everyone,I thought I would start my post here, just in case another person on the Vatsim Network has had the same problem.My Problem:I run FS2004 on a very powerful machine, I start SBRelay1.2 first, allow it to setup and then tell me Im ready to Start FS2004. I start it and get into my Aircraft I wish to fly, ie the PMDG737-700. I then proceed to connect to the multiplayer session and once that has been completed I will then start SBHOST which runs outside FS. I then start squawkbox and connect to the network.I will be sitting on the ground say at Sydney (YSSY), and I see all the aircraft around me, I even see them on the TCAS on this Aircraft. I also see a green line up the top of the screen that displays other aircrafts text messages they are sending on UNICOM (ie: Position Reports ect). Now after about 10 minutes I notice Im still hearing the "Squawk" sound you hear when someone types a message, but I dont see any messages showing up in the FS Chat Window anymore. I also notice that aircraft have departed Sydney yet they are still showing as taking off on my system, and they just remain there for as long as im connected (could be 2 hours), And when i go to try to maximise SBRelay1.2 it will not come up, and says its not responding...At the end of all this, WHen I try to exit Flightsim, I have to ALT+CTRL+DEL and 'End Program' to close FS and SBRelay12.Would Anyone have ANY Idea to why this happens?Thanks,Sean McCormack

Guest VOZSean

TO Add to the above, If I just host a normal FS mutliplayer Session, (ie in Mutliplayer, click Host, and then OK), and try to close FS, it wont close down.Regards,Sean

Guest dweese

When you say normal FSMP do you mean. You host one and give your friends your IP and let them join it that way?What version of direct X are you running? FS9 isntalleds 9.0 and will overwright any other version even it its a higher version. Go to the RUN icon on your start menu and enter dxdiag that will open a window last line on the first tab should show your DX version number. You need to be on version 9.0b or FS9 MP will not work.Other things to look at, make sure your WinXP firewall is turned off, MS knows there is a bug with it and MP games a fix is coming in SP2 later this year. As well if your running Norton, McAfee or ZoneAlarm 5 they all have problems with there firewalls and MP on-line games, however ZoneAlarm is the only one who is saying they know of the problem and a fix is coming.

Guest Cleboo

Hi!I don't know what happens, but i had exactly the same problem. It disappeared after I reinstalled FS, and all the online flying tools...Cleboo

Guest VOZSean

Hi Guys, Yes if I create a normal multiplayer session, and invite people, i cannot exit it still.I have Direct X 9.0b :(I dont want to reinstall anything because it might happen again and again. I also dont run any of those programs you mentioned like Zone Alarme ect.Regards,Sean

Guest dweese

Do you have a router or cable modem?You may have to open ports in them so that FS can get to the internet.

Guest VOZSean

Well thats Just it...I do have a router, but I havent had to do anything in the past to get it to work.. Very Strange Problem...Sean

Guest dweese

You have a router and didn't have to open ports for FS9 to run?You got lucky on that one.try the ports anyways see if it helps, if not, are you running Norton or McAfee?

Guest VOZSean

Will look into the ports, and there is no Norton or Mcafee :(Sean

Guest dweese

The newest version of AVG anti-virus 5.0 I think, has a prolbem like this as well, AVG know and has posted it in their forum. Version 4 works fine and they have left it on there site until this porlbem is fixed