Sign in to follow this  
wrenchca

Servinfo Problems

Guest SamGreenwood

Thanks for the reply, Chuck.Well, i've triple checked my registry keys for that trojan mfrantz mentioned called "qhost", and I don't have it. My registry keys look fine.I do have that protocol file (mfrantz sent it to me) in my System32/drivers/etc folder, but as you say, I probably haven't set up my registry to point to that file. What key should point to that file? I saw the post with the person who installed the protocol file in that folder, and he just said that that cured the problem, without saying he had to change any settings. So I naturally assumed just installing that file into that folder would cure it? But it didn't.Any ideas? Is there a key that should point to that protocol file?Thanks.

I'm glad you haven't found the trojan file, but you will need to check your registry to ensure that the database path is ok. Go back up to the mfrantz post in this thread and follow the directions in the last paragraph. It's not difficult and sounds like it might be your problem.This is the entry you need to check...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/111825.jpgYou can see the highlighted entry on the right? That's the one you need to make sure it is correct. If it isn't pointing to your system 32 drivers, it ain't gonna work. If the value needs to be corrected, just double click on the highlighted area and a window will open to allow you to edit it. Good luck.

Guest SamGreenwood

Thanks for the reply.I checked it out about 10 times, and that's exactly what I have for that key. It shows EXACTLY what you have there...I also looked thoroughly through every detail mentioned in the symantec link given by Michael. I didn't find any of those issues in my resgistry. My registry is clean as far as I know.So now i'm really giving up..Out of interest, I found and installed v2.00, and that came up with the famous "error #0". I've run McAfee 2005 (fully updated) and cleaned my system. I've run a fully updated Ad-Aware SE and cleaned my system of spyware. I've disabled system restore before rebooting, and the problem of not connecting STILL persists. So there must be something there in my registry that isn't known, or v2.02 just won't run in XP Home with SP1. It's so weird because I can ping all the servers (apart from level27.ca) with no problem, but Servinfo won't find them when I run it..This is the most annoying PC problem i've EVER HAD!!

Guest BeachComer

Sam, >It would help me if you were less of a self-proclaiming expert in networking...If you'll read my messages again, you'll see that I have not claimed expert knowledge of networking. I stated that you, sir, running without an antivirus solution could not know that you were virus-clean unless you had expert-level knowledge of all the starting places. I certainly do not have expert-level knowledge of the starting places, that's why I wouldn't dream, even on a bet, of running even a dialup Internet connection without competent and current antivirus, as I've been advising my clients since at least 1998 when I first became alarmed at the trend away from disk-based viruses towards email and internet-based ones. It is less than useless to try pinpoint solutions against possible viruses, when their variety, numerous versions, and ability to morph makes a broad solution imperative, and when broad solutions using the power of the machine to try every permutation is so readily available. In the second place, I don't remember virus names so well without going back through the old call tickets, something beyond the scope of this sort of tech support, in the first place. :-)I gave my experiences and list of virus behaviors in an effort to try to help you see that you couldn't have considered all the ways they can attack your system, and that you couldn't conclusively know you were clean. You responded with a virus scan (the desired behavior), although potentially flawed by not being DOS-based or through a second machine, so far as your writings convey. And I have to take off both shoes to count the clients who have been running McAffee but had a virus, anyway -- mostly due to their convoluted update and non-transparent reporting of your definitions and subscription dates.*puts down knife and fork*I'll not be eating any crow, since you did find something, although admittedly it wasn't the major something I certainly expected, based on your exposure and risk level. Exactly what, I had no idea, and now the problem is possibly (and only that, due to no secondary-attached or DOS-based testing reported) on a different level. You haven't said the results of safe-mode testing, which was a predicate to my comments about viruses. You also misread my suggestion for another machine. I didn't say it had to be the same version and SP level of XP, just needed to have SI installed and working, and preferably have the same method of connecting to the Internet; IOW, PPPOE if that's what you're using, LAN if that's what you're using, etc.RE: XP Professional, don't follow that rabbit trail! My own system and I'm sure many others'is XP Home SP1, so I can tell you that SI 2.02 will run on such a setup. It has run from PPPOE and is currently running behind a 2Wire (brand name) router. Don't get hung up on XP version, you have some other problem.If I were onsite with that system, I'd bring my PC to test your Internet setup, then remove your hard drive and attach it to my system to do a scan from a known clean system. Then I'd do the safe-mode testing (if my box worked and your system was clean), and then, if safe mode allowed browsing but SI didn't work, I'd do a DOS-level image of your system, rename your Windows folder, make a clean installation of XP SP1, install SI after doing internet setup, and see what the result was. If it worked there, then it's conclusively software-related in your XP installation, but it's going to be very difficult and time-consuming to root out. You might try an in-place upgrade using the XP CD. Otherwise, it would be least time-consuming to just remain with the clean install and reinstall software that you use on as-needed basis until you're substantially all back. Not a happy solution, but it will work.If new Windows doesn't work, we're talking hardware, predicated on my machine being able to connect to SI at your place.OTOH, if the safe-mode test allowed both browsing and SI, then I'd do clean-boot testing until I isolated the problem. Here's the MS article on how to do that: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;310353 (Edit: you'll have to copy and paste this link, I couldn't get it to link properly and customers are calling).If browsing didn't work in safemode, I'd proceed to clean-boot testing, but I'd be proceeding on faith, without the advantage of knowing it was definitely going to produce results.The above should pretty well cover all the bases, concept-wise: location, software, hardware. Conclusions cannot be drawn until all the steps have been done, unless the "smoking gun" is discovered along the way. I realize you're frustrated. This is due to trying this and that, in pinpoint fashion, and getting exactly nowhere. The truly difficult computer problems for me have always turned out to be a combination of several things. The only way I've ever been able to solve them is by taking the system as a whole, then methodically eliminating each link in the chain in step-by-step fashion, and I urge you to follow this same method. It's tedious, but will yield results. I've given you the entire system, as I see it (minus the things you've already done, like reinstalling SI from the registry up): your location (friend's machine), your installed software (conclusive, reliable virus removal & safe-mode testing), your OS (clean-boot and clean windows installation), and your hardware (what's left after the other tests). If you will follow these steps, and not skip around, you can conclusively (not a word I use trivially) eliminate all the factors until you've found the problem. You'll have to do the work, obviously, and there's lots to do. It's easy to blow off. You're frustrated. Me, too. It is frustrating to stay up late or take time out of the workday in an effort to help someone who then "bites" you for your effort. My cat does this, but he's so upset and hurting that I take his bites with a grain of salt -- as I do yours. Absent anyone chiming who's faced this exact problem and fixed it (another pinpoint) I sincerely hope you'll follow the steps, and fully report your progress. I'm interested to hear.Best Regards,--Steve

Guest SamGreenwood

Hi Steve,I'm sorry for "biting" at you, I was, and still am, as you pointed out, VERY frustrated, with no clear solution at the moment of writing this. I'm sorry I bit at you, it was not meant to offend, but to invoke a reply that gave me more details and specifics beyond "check your registry and use anti virus". Well, it worked, and I now have a VERY detailed and specific list to work through, for which I am very grateful, Steve. :)I will try each point of your proposed process to remedy my problem, and report on my results. I am VERY reluctant to reinstall XP, as I have over 8gb of add-ons for FS9 that would mean DAYS of non-stop reinstalling to fully restore. I am starting to think that Vatsim's "who is online" is sufficient, and that Servinfo v2.02 is not worth this length of hassle, but I am a persistent and stubborn person that will not rest until I know what this problem is. I will start with a safe boot allowing networking to see if I can browse and use SI. I must be able to browse the net as I can do so now with no problem, and I can also ping every server on SI's list (apart from level27.ca that I haven't tried again since the day before yesterday). I am truly baffled as to what this problem is. So now starts the painstaking process of elimination, a process that is going to eat chunks out of my soul. Thanks for your help and patience, Steve. It is greatly appreciated :)

Guest SamGreenwood

Hi again, SteveI'm just curious, does SI leave keys in the registry somewhere? You said "reinstalling from the registry up". I haven't tried removing anything in the registry that SI has installed there, frankly because I didn't know SI installed registry keys or files at the registry level.Do you know which keys they are (if SI creates any keys that is, i'm not entirely sure)? And if so, could you tell me where they are located? Maybe removing them and reinstalling SI after i've done the McAfee and Ad-Aware "clean up" will prove to be a positive result?If that doesn't work, what do you think about a registry fix (i.e a program that removes any and all misplaced or malignant keys and files in the registry)? I think it's worth a shot before I do a clean install that would leave me with DAYS of work to reinstall valuable programs and add-ons.Please tell me your thoughts on this, Steve.Sam

Sam,ServInfo does not install any regisry keys at all. It does not mess with any system files. SI installation involves only copying the files in the .zip to a folder of your choice. ServInfo settings are held in a servinfo.ini file that is created on first run in this same folder. I would suggest you try to delete this file and run ServInfo again, but I guess you have tried that already. I am very sorry I cannot be any more helpful with your problem here. The fact that version 2.00 gives you an "error 0" message is for me a confirmation that your problem is related with the protocol file. In all cases of users (and they were a lot) that had this problem it always was caused either by a missing protocol file or a corrupted registry key that pointed to the wrong path for the protocol file. This is the first time that neither of these two solutions works, so I really don't know what to say. Of course, it might be possible that this behaviour (hanging on download request, or "error 0" in v.2.00) could be also caused by something else than a protocol file problem. But I have never seen such a case so far. Regards,Michael

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest BeachComer

Hey, Sam, I'm glad you're still with me! I'm notorious for bashing on a problem, 'way beyond what's reasonable, insensibly almost, until I beat it or know the reason why. I'm glad you're that way, too, it is the essential ingredient to solving unsolveable problems.Sorry about the monospace text, but there's some stuff below that might need it.>I'm just curious, does SI leave keys in the registry somewhere?Michael (SI's author) has given The Word on registry keys. I still believe something, probably software, possibly hardware or your ISP, is behind this (although I truly don't see how your ISP could block SI but not regular browsing, although Parental Controls could do it).Brain is still working on this, and here are a couple of other things to try first:3. hosts file - I didn't come back to you about that, since testing revealed it wouldn't break in the way that you're experiencing, still, this causes COMM problems and you're having one. I should know by now that the fact that something breaks in a different way doesn't mean that what I'm thinking of *isn't* the problem, so it's worth a try, especially since it's in the folder pointed to by the registry entry Wrencha (Chuck). Look in that path for the file "hosts". That's it, no extension. Open that file with notepad, if it is stock (unmodified) there should be only one line not commented out (preceded with a "#"), and it says "127.0.0.1 localhost". Any other lines will have been added by a spyware removal program or by a virus or spyware (unless you're on a corporate network). If there are other entries, test with the backup file as follows: right-click the hosts file, rename it to something else like hosts.bak. Create a new text file named hosts.txt. Put the following in it:# Copyright © 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.## This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.## This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one# space.## Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.## For example:## 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host127.0.0.1 localhost---------------end of hosts file, don't put this line in the file!Save the file, rename it by removing the ".txt" so it's just hosts, write-protect the file by right-clicking and selecting Properties, tick the Read Only checkbox at the bottom of the General tab, then OK. Now try SI again.2. Netstat - it will show you what's connecting and where. Run it from a command prompt, right after starting your computer, while browsing the internet (unsafe and safe modes both, if it will work in safe mode). Right after you see your desktop, there should be nothing. To run a command prompt, go Start, Run, type "cmd" (minus quotes) and press Enter. You'll see a command window3. Firewall - maybe you have had one and just disabled it? In my experience, just disabling Norton's firewall is not sufficient for running on the network of one of my clients -- I have to completely uninstall it. Could this be the case with you -- disabled but still installed?Finally, a "repair reinstall" of XP would not (or should not, and hastn't in my experience of NT5x since Windows 2000) upset your software installations. But I would make an image before doing it, just in case. You can use Image for Windows Backup and Restore from Terabyte (http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/imagew.html), a shareware tool that will work for personal use. I've created images with it, but haven't tried to restore yet. The tool I rely on is Norton Ghost, works from DOS, reads and writes NTFS partitions, and is as reliable a form of disaster recovery as any, I believe they have a try-before-buy download available. It comes with Systemworks, which is available from OEM resellers for $20 or less and includes Norton Antivirus. If your Mcafee is a complete toolbox, it might have something, too. Hope this helps you, and please keep me posted on your progress. I have to go install Norton Antivirus on 7 computers now, then take care of an AS/400 client install, before I can read this thread again.Best Regards,--Steve

Guest SamGreenwood

Well, so far i've done the following:1. Did a safe boot with networking, and SI still does not work, but browsing the net DOES work.2. Looked in my System32/drivers/etc folder and there was NO hosts file at all. All that was there was that protocol file that Michael kindly sent me a few weeks back. 3. I tried a "self made" hosts file using the data you wrote, Steve, but that did not yield any results.4. I deleted the Servinfo.ini file, and then retried SI, without a positive result.I have uninstalled Norton ages ago after it didn't do anything but make my system slower. So I have no active firewall. I have McAfee installed now, but not as an active firewall. Out of interest, I will show you what my "new" servinfo.ini shows after i've tried accessing SI after intially deleting it:[DisplayParameters]All airports in list=0Show welcome screen=1Controllers display background color=15268072Controllers display font color=8404992Pilots display background color=14745599Pilots display font color=8404992RW servers display background color=16776440RW Servers display font color=0Show RW expanded=0Window Width=-1Window Height=746Window Left=-4Window Top=-4ATC1 columns=100,83,268,53,294,95,75,ATC2 columns=100,83,268,53,294,95,75,Pilots1 columns=28,70,241,283,283,80,Pilots2 columns=28,70,241,283,200,80,Country1 columns=100,83,272,53,305,95,75,Country2 columns=28,60,136,129,129,Country3 columns=28,60,136,129,129,FIR1 columns=100,83,272,53,305,95,75,FIR2 columns=28,60,228,249,249,125,50,Selected1 columns=100,83,268,53,294,95,75,Selected2 columns=28,60,241,283,283,80,Airport1 columns=100,83,272,53,305,95,75,Airport2 columns=28,60,179,215,Airport3 columns=28,60,160,183,50,Start-up window=1Start-up page=7Default Column Widths=1Show robot pilots=1Show prefiled=1[PingParameters]Color Range 1=250Color Range 2=500Ping Tries=5Packet Size=32Time Out=4000Unchecked=[CountryButtons]Button1=GreeceAirport1=LGAVFIR1=LGGGButton2=United KingdomAirport2=EGLLFIR2=EGTTButton3=ItalyAirport3=LIRFFIR3=LIRRButton4=GermanyAirport4=EDDTFIR4=EDBBButton5=NetherlandsAirport5=EHAMFIR5=EHAAButton6=NorwayAirport6=ENGMFIR6=ENOSButton7=USAAirport7=KJFKFIR7=KZNYButton8=CanadaAirport8=CYULFIR8=CZULButton9=AustraliaAirport9=YSSYFIR9=YBBBButton10=JapanAirport10=RJAAFIR10=RJTG[ConnectionParameters]Outdated Data Warning=10VATSIM Servers Locator Url=http://usa-s1.vatsim.net/dataIVAO Servers Locator Url=http://www.ivao.org/whazzup/Network00 Name=Network00 Url=Network01 Name=Network01 Url=Network02 Name=EUROBOOKNetwork02 Url=http://www.geardown.de/eubooking/Network03 Name=FPINetwork03 Url=http://fsd.flightproject.deNetwork04 Name=NVASNetwork04 Url=http://whazzup.nvas.net/whazzupNetwork05 Name=Cardinal VANetwork05 Url=http://208.180.216.134/whazzupNetwork06 Name=BAVNetwork06 Url=http://212.19.199.250:81/data/worldwideNetwork07 Name=IVAO SchedulingNetwork07 Url=http://www.ivao.org/scheduleNetwork08 Name=FPIBookNetwork08 Url=http://www.flightproject.net/fbs/Selected Network=0Use proxy=0Proxy address=Proxy port=80Proxy username=Save password=0Proxy password=TeamSpeak login=TeamSpeak password=VVTeamSpeak nickname=Custom Network Name=Custom Network Icon=2Autoload at start=0Default network=2Autoload when minimized=0Autoload when restored=0Autoload interval=3Autoload RW=0Autosave Prefix=autoAutosave Path=c:my downloadsfs downloadssi202[GaugeSettings]FS Path=Gauge output=0[NotificationSettings]FS messages display time=-15Popup windows=0FS messages=0Popup window top=-20Popup window left=20Notify with sound=1Selected ATC on menu=1Selected Pilots on menu=1Show ATC within range=1[MetarSettings]Wind=25Clouds Coverage=Bro#Ove#Clouds Height=1000Visibility=2000Rain=1Thunderstorm=1Snow=1Filter Wind=1Filter Ceiling=1Filter Visibility=1Filter Rain=0Filter Thunderstorm=1Filter Snow=0NOAA cycles=1NOAA refresh=15NOAA confirm=1Print names=1Print decoded=1[MapDisplay]EnableMap=1DefaultRegion=GreeceStartup=111111000FontName=VerdanaFontSize=7LandColor=14544622SeaColor=16763541FirColor=15790320UirColor=16119285[OtherParameters]ipaddr path=Version=202Selection Definitions=World Clock Views=111001World Clock Airports=LGAVEGLLLIRFEurobook Times=0Anything there show you what could be wrong? Can someone send me their hosts file, just so I can try a "proper" one and see if that helps?By the way, my registry points correctly to the System32/drivers/etc folder, i've said this a while ago. It looks exactly like Chuck's screenshot.Thanks for your help Michael and Steve. It really is appreciated!I will wait and see what a new "proper" hosts file does. After that I will plough through the remainder of the list..Update: I have now tried a "new" hosts file, and it didn't change anything..

I'm sorry to say that I'm out of ideas Sam, but it doesn't look to be your ini file. I made a backup of my ini and copied and pasted yours into it's place. Running on your settings, my system had no problems fetching the data.Sorry

Guest SamGreenwood

Thanks for your help too, Chuck.Could you do me a favour and post a screenshot of your System32/drivers/etc folder?I need to compare..

Guest BeachComer

Sam,I spent half an hour Friday experimenting in Safe and "Unsafe" modes with Netstat, monitoring the responses while I ran SI. For some reason, it doesn't behave the way I thought it would, IOW, the way a browser does. Absolutely *nothing* changes when SI contacts whatever server it uses, at least not from behind a router (however, browsing web pages does get connections made and displayed in netstat from behind a router, go figure). You might try Netstat and see if you (not behind a router) get anything different. Run it from a command prompt (see my next previous msg) with a 10 second refresh, like this: "netstat 10 " (minus quotes). It will repeat its display every 10 seconds while you run SI and see if anything changes. Use Ctrl-C to Cancel the display once SI has finished its update, then scroll back in the CMD window and see if anything changed.The text I previously posted is the entire content of a proper hosts file, the standard one that exists post-Windows-installation before Spybot or AdAware gets hold of it. I deemed that easier on you than trying to get your spyware defender to turn loose of the file, restore the original configuration, then test with SI, then reinsert the list of sites, etc.Since Chuck's file was a little hard to read (and he has filename extensions turned off, Windows default behavior), I have attached mine, as well as my servinfo.ini file. I don't see any difference in the file that would lead to the problem you're having. Another couple of thoughts, before I suggest you jump back on the tracks and see if any computer, running SI and brought over to your house, will work there: First, there is a status bar at the bottom of SI's window, that shows what's happening. It shows a sequence of events, starting with Connecting, then Receiving (with a progress meter), then Reading, then Filling Pages, then it says "VATSIM data last updated at (date) (time). Do any of these things appear in your SI's status bar?Second, I can partially duplicate your system's behavior if I tell my firewall to stop all Internet traffic. For 15 seconds SI just sits there with "Loading..." flashing red. However, I then get an errmsg, "can't resolve hostname to IP address / list of available servers cannot be retrieved, etc." I believe you said that you get no errmsg, just "loading...". True? What if you leave it over supper? Have you let it try that long?Third, you might install ZoneAlarm free version as a diagnostic tool. (www.zonelabs.com, you can always uninstall it later) Select "free" whenever asked and reboot when asked. Skip the tutorial by using "Finish" and "Exit". Then run SI, wait for ZA to ask you if SI can have access, tick "Remember this..." and click Allow. Now open ZoneAlarm console, go to the Alerts & Logs section (on the left), select "Program" in the Alert Type dropdown box on the top right, look for, um, let's see...ah! Look for "c:my downloadsfs downloadssi202ServInfo.exe" and check for the IP address used. Mine's using 66.98.168.65. Ping that address from a command prompt, and ping "usa-s1.vatsim.net" (minus quotes), too. If you don't get replies from 66.98.168.65 it will be interesting.Fourth, you might try resetting TCP/IP. MS KB article "How to Reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in Windows XP": http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;299357 (again, you'll have to copy and paste this into your browser)Since you could browse in Safe mode, but SI couldn't work (note that I don't say "couldn't access the server", reflecting that I only suspect, but won't know until you report back, that your problem is related to connectivity) we're back to wondering if any other machine can run SI at your house, and if that is true -- could SI run from a clean Windows install on your machine? If it comes to that, an image using the tools mentioned above would allow you to return should the clean install interfere with your existing setup, and may be the only thing that would allow you to definitely say that some software (which also loads in Safe mode, meaning a bad spyware or virus, or some problem with TCP/IP or support files on your machine, is the problem. In which case, there are tools such as HijackThis and Spybot that will tell you if your Winsock LSPs are affected. I have seen viruses inhabit the Winsock files, they are nasty, but not so hard to fix (rummaging around for the d/l). MS KB article "How to determine and recover from Winsock2 corruption": http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;811259Sorry this took so long, my wife is near term with our first son and I must needs attend her wants (plus I took time off to fly last night). It takes a little longer to do tech writing when you need to supply tested links and actual facts (as opposed to talking about my flying career ;-) )

Guest SamGreenwood

Progress!!I have done the following:1. I pinged all of Servinfo's servers using the IP numbers AND text variants, and they all returned packets with no problem. So I agree that there is something on my system hindering the connectivity of SI, not the connectivity of my ports to the web.2. I have used Zone Alarm and now established that my dhcp settings are corrupted, as the program shows that Servinfo is trying to connect via an IP number that is linked to an svchost.exe file. The IP number is completely different to 66.98.168.65 that *should have been* the IP it is trying to connect to.I now realise that resetting my IP config should sort this out, but that is no easy task as the MS support document you kindly linked me to, Steve, is about as easy to follow as dyslexic Greek. There is no straight forward explanation of how to reset your IP, it is not "layman friendly" at all. I need to seek a better source to find out how to rest my IP config (settings). Once I have done this, I will report back. I feel we're closing in on the finish line now, as I have definitely uncovered a recognisable and visible fault. For the first time I now have a clear idea of what it is.Thanks a lot for your great help, Steve. If you lived closer (i'm currently residing in Oslo, Norway, and see in your profile that you are in the good ole' US of A) I would have brought round a bottle of wine for your troubles :)

Guest SamGreenwood

I wanted to edit the last post now, but the editing period had expired.Well, i've looked more closely into what is going on, and I have come up with the following:Using Zone Alarm, I see that Servinfo is trying to connect to the following IP: 10.0.0.138:53 (port 53). I initially thought this was some type of corrupted DNS IP, but as it turns out, this is the DNS IP my machine uses.(I reinstalled my network card (LAN card) and established this with that fresh install)My IE browser accesses the net using my local IP 127.0.0.1 (standard) but why doesn't Servinfo do the same or, how the heck do I get my machine (Servinfo) to access the correct IP (the one you listed that showed in your use of Zone Alarm, Steve) and not the one Zone Alarm is showing me (as listed above)?I think the problem's solution lies in getting Servinfo (or my machine) to access the correct IP, but i'm clueless on how to do this.Sorry for tearing you away from your wife, Steve, I feel terrible for that :(EDIT: I have tried running SI at the same time as ZA and I can STILL ping the usa-s1 server with NO PROBLEM while they're both running.At the bottom of the SI window it just says "connecting to usa-s1.." and NEVER changes. I've left it going for 10 mins and the red "loading" is still blinking.I still believe the solution is figuring out what I mentioned before the edit..