Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tom_jv

Sound problem with SB and FS2002

Guest Tom_jv

Hi gang!Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem: I'm using SB with FS2002...when flying I can only hear ATC/other pilots talking if I have the sound turned off in FS...if the sound is ON, then they break up to the point of not being able to understand them. I can also hear them clearly if I have the FS minimized (to check Servinfo for example).It's just not the same flying without the sound of the aircraft...but I also need to be able to hear ATC!Thanks!

Guest dweese

What have you got for a computer?Sounds like the system can't keep up with all the sounds, I had the same problem with my old computer.

Guest Tom_jv

Hi dave, thanks for the reply!I have a 2G processor...512M RAM...SB Live sound card. I run a lot of music programs (recording/editing/processing) software without any troubles on this system...I'm thinking it's a configuration problem with something...???Thanks!

Guest dweese

Ok system power should not be the problem then, whats running in the background? Try shutting things like MSN and AOL messager down, and any programs that us your sound card. Try and free up the sound card so only AVC and FS/SB are using it.

Guest Tom_jv

Hi Dave,I don't have anything running except what you mentioned...FS, SB and AVC - I don't like having anything else running while I'm flying so I can maximize system power ONLY for FS. It's getting FRUSTRATING...I hope you're not running out of ideas! :)Cheers!

Hi,I can think of 2 things. First, the on-board sound system of your motherboard. Have you checked that is NOT activated? Check within Device Manager that your sound source/processor is your SB live SOUND CARD and not your MOBO's onboard sound card.Second, sometimes the SB software (especially the Sound Presets, i.e., Jazz music, Metal music, EAX effects) can cause such problems. I don't know though if the SB Live! supports this technology.Touchdown.

George K. Matsaridis

Join me in my 737 "Bold & the Beautiful" Adventures: BB1 Project & BB2: Beyond the Atlantic Project.

Case: NZXT M59 (5x12cm led fans) | PSU: Corsair AX850 Gold | Mobo: Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 | CPU: i7-2500K @ 5.0GHz @ 1.464v on AIR | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio (2 fans) | RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz CL9 1.5v | GPU: Gigabyte GTX480 SOC 1.5Gb @ 820MHz | HDD 1: WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | eHDD1: WD My Book Elite 2Tb | eHDD2: Lacie 301411EK 1.5Tb | OS: Windows 7 64-bit | Monitor 1: Samsung Syncmaster P2470HD 24'' (1920x1080) | Monitor 2: LG Flatron L1919S 19'' (1280x1024) | Monitor 3: Philips 160E1/SB 15.6" (1366X768) | Joystick: Saitek X52 | Keyboard: Saitek Cyborg | Laptop: Toshiba Satellite AMD Turion (@ 2.10GHz) | RAM: 2GB

1wy6.jpg

Guest Tom_jv

Hi Touchdown...thanks for the ideas. The onboard sound is disabled - I never enabled it when I installed this motherboard (I checked JUST IN CASE, and it IS disabled) I'm not using any of the effects functions in the Sound Blaster software - everything is set to "No Effects".Thanks for the ideas though...I never would have thought of the effects causing problems!Cheers!

Guest dweese

Other thing you can try and I'm not sure why I didn't tell you this sooner. In the options of AVC you can change your sound device, try changing it from what ever it is now to one of the other listed.

Guest Tom_jv

Dave,The settings in AVC TUNER is "SB Live Audio"...the other (not used option) is "Primary Sound Driver". In AVC CLIENT, I'm using "Direct Sound - SB Live"...the other option (not used) is "Primary Sound Driver".I'll try changing them around and see what happens.Thanks!!!Cheers!

Guest Tom_jv

Dave,That WORKED!!! I changed the setting in both AVC Client and Tuner and it works now...MUCH nicer flying with the sound working properly!Thanks for your help,Cheers!

Guest garf25

Hi all,Just to let you know, I had the same problem on mine and changed the settings as mentioned above - WORKS PERFECT.Thanks!!