Sign in to follow this  
Guest larkers2

Phantom Planes?

Guest larkers2

Hello all, I am yet another new user of VATSIM, which i think is great, that will inevitably ask another basic question. Could anyone please help?When I am flying the ATC comms work fine, its just that i cant see any external traffic whatsoever. i copied the common files into my aircraft folder; is there anything else i need to do? i'm using VATSIM in FS2004.Thanks in advance!Nick

Have you checked the settings under Flights/ Multiplayer/ Settings to ensure that all three items there are checked? Also, can you see other aircraft on the SB TCAS? If they are not on the TCAS, there may be other problems afoot.

Guest dweese

Have you followed the Vatsim103d doc at www.vatsim.net/prc that will give you most of what you need.Are you joining the Multi-player session in FS? That SBRelay started.Do you get any errors when SB Starts?Try starting SB from its folder on your hard drive not your start menu.

Guest larkers2

Ok then, thanks for the help- i'll give it a whirl.Cheers- larkers2.

Guest LAN375

Hey i just installed everything as well in FS2004 and seem to have the same problem. I cant hear any ATC, do i have to connect to a special voice server or is it because i have to tune my COM, (how do i know which COM i need for each airport?)I cant see any traffic either.Last but not least, my installation of all the software was pretty succesful. no errors at all.I do connect and in my docked window of squawkbox the only think i see is some callsign-like numbers that are either deleted or added, sometimes with the word "controller" added.So i know i am connected but still feel i am playing offline.:(Thanks in advance.PS: does avc replaces wilco? again i just want to receive voice.

Guest dweese

Just tuning your com radio will not connect you to the voice server the ATC is using (unless you have AVC tuner running)If there is no ATC around set your COM1 to 122.800 that is a unicom freq, the other pilots around you will be using it as well.On the SB pull down menu you'll see something that says ATC list or somethink like that. When you select a controller from that window the voice server will load in to AVC for you.And yes AVC replaces wilco, get rid of RW and go to AVC even if you only want to receive.AS well take a look at www.vatsim.net/prc it will tell you things like what to do when no ATC around you.Download servinfo if you have not already that gives a great map of were all the ATC and other traffic is.http://avsim.com/hangar/utils/servinfo/cya in the sky