Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

SquawkWin

Guest Mark McG

See the announcement on the front page of Avsim.

I was just looking at their site and they say that they have put out a new version which does not check for the most current version (correcting the problem supposedly). Is there any way that we could get the AVSIM gurus to take a look at it again. It looks like it might be a great program and I would really like to see some creative competition between the online conection programs.Edit: I have since read the complete test as performed by AVSIM and I retract my request for further inquiry as it is obviouse that this program has once had maliciouse code and will probably again contain some form of the code. I thank AVSIM for going the step beyond what they needed to do to make our simming experience the best and safest that it could be.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Guest MarkB

>I was just looking at their site and they say that they have>put out a new version which does not check for the most>current version (correcting the problem supposedly). Is there>any way that we could get the AVSIM gurus to take a look at it>again. It looks like it might be a great program and I would>really like to see some creative competition between the>online conection programs.>>Edit: I have since read the complete test as performed by>AVSIM and I retract my request for further inquiry as it is>obviouse that this program has once had maliciouse code and>will probably again contain some form of the code. I thank>AVSIM for going the step beyond what they needed to do to make>our simming experience the best and safest that it could be.Not only that, but ANY software designed to connect to the VATSIM FSD servers MUST be approved by the BOG AND is subject to code inspection by the same to receive such approval.Looks like these guys put the cart before the horse in this instance.

Guest boblj57

Well I for one wish Vatsim would ok it. Man is it easy to use and setup.

Guest A32X

I see they have just released version 1.0.1, which is free from the personal detailing sending; will this new version or future versions be allowed on the VATSIM network as from the screenshots the software looks well made.Thanks for replies