Sign in to follow this  
Guest daztheman

Nightmare

Guest daztheman

Hi all, I went on a flight tonight like I normally do and as I went to takeoff i got booted of the server and a box came up giving reasons 1-5 why for eg. you are using the same call sign as somebody eles and you need to upgrade squawkbox, I have the latest version so I changed my callsign and logged back on once airbourne it happened again, this has never happend before anyway I started all over again new aircraft new callsign 30mins into the flight it happend again so I gave up what is causing this it has never done it before, HELP!!!!!Thanks for reading.DAZ

Guest dweese

Did you try one of the other servers. They message you see is created by Squawkbox and not the network, its just there to give you some ideas on why it happened

Guest daztheman

yes but I have now updated the txt file in Squawkbox , can this happen for no reason, it's just so annoying.thanks for the messageDAZ

Guest daztheman

I have recently turned on the Firewall in windows XP do you think that this could cause it.DAZ

Guest MarkB

Yes, if you're connection constantly is dropping, then it is reconnecting...

Guest dweese

Yup the firewall in WinXp is bad fro multi-palyer games. Try ZoneAlarms that have a good one, just make sure you don't get version 5 its got a bug they are working on.

Hi guys.I'm thinking about getting into VATSIM,and am wondering if Symantec firewalls aremore compatable than the XP generic firewall.Thanks in advance.Slugger

Guest dweese

From what I have seen Symantec firewall is just as bad as the WinXP one. Its not very multi-player game friendly. ZoneAlarm makes a good freeware firewall that works fine with Vatsim and all the software you'll need.

Guest daztheman

Hi, I agree Kerio is good and zone alarm but I would'nt touch Norton Products at all the only good thing they do is win docter most of them are realy problematic.Daz