Sign in to follow this  
Guest Canadian_Pilot

Cant find a session any clue why?

Guest Canadian_Pilot

Hello, I have problems connecting to multiplayer sessions in FS9. I load SBRelay then FS and go to multiplayer but there never anything there, once in a blue moon a session will show up. I have tryed all of these and still it wont show up, it will but it takes me like 50 trys before it will.- Disable Universal Plug-n-Play (UPnP) in your router- Disable the UPnP "SSDP Discovery Service" in Windows XP- Change FS2004's "Connect" port. On the Multiplayer connect screen (where you type the IP address), click "Client Settings" and change the "Connect" port to any other number -- it doesn't really matter, but try things like 23457, 23458, 24000, 1000, etc- Host a session in FS2004, then close the session and try to join the one in SBRelay again. - Enter the IP address "127.0.0.1", instead of leaving the field blank. This is a special IP that always points back to your machine. Turn off your firewall. I am using a router so I'm thinking it has something to do with it, cause before the router it was working. Ive searched on these boards to see if I could try some example of people problems and nothing worked. There was one I read about something about ports i think its this one, but I dont really have a clue on how to do that. Im using Nortons virus but it never effected it before so I know it is not that. -you have a router or firewall, try forwarding the following ports to your PC's internal IP address (see above for help locating your PC's internal IP, see your router or firewall's manual for help with forwarding ports):TCP 47624 UDP 2300 to 2400 UDP 6073 I hope someone can help me out as the skys are better when your flying online.

Guest dweese

If you look in the SBRelay window do you see that the servers have been started?If yes, try shutting Norton down, there are known problems with Norton and McAfee and Multi-player on-line games not just FS9.

Guest Canadian_Pilot

Yes I can see the servers have been started and I shut down nortons and it still won't find the sessions any ideas?

Guest dweese

Check to make sure teh WinXP firewall is off. Other then that this sounds like there is still a port in your router that is not open.http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/sbrelay/help.htmlLooks lije you have gone over this, check you direct X version you should be on 9.0b or 9.0c is out now, I have not tryied it yet.

Guest Canadian_Pilot

Yep ny firewall was already off, and ny direct x is updated. How do I open ports or such for my router? Anything else I could do. Its something little I just cant nail it yet

Guest dweese

Not sure how to open router ports, I don't have on with my ADSL.Check the manual for your router or the website for it, some I know you have to get a RS232 or USB cable for them to program it.

Hey there fellow Canuck, what kind of router are you using? I'm sure that there are others who frequent this forum, that have the same router and might be able to point you in the proper direction!:D

Guest besjr

Here is what I do to get it working:1. Start SBRelay.2. Start FS93. Start SBHost4. Attempt to JOIN SBRelay Host session. If the session is there go to step 9.5. HOST and MP Session.6. Terminate the MP (Host Session).7. Repeat step 4.8. Start SquawkBox.9. Connect and GO!Sometimes you need to kickstart SBRelay by hosting your own session and eventually it will popup in the MP window. Seems a bit hokey, but that is how to get it to work.

Guest MB327

>Sometimes you need to kickstart SBRelay by hosting your own>session and eventually it will popup in the MP window.>>Bobby,I have heard others mention the "jump start" process in the past. Perhaps that will help solve this.