Sign in to follow this  
Guest FnO17

Squawbox problem

Guest FnO17

Hey you guys. I have a very anoying problem with squawkbox. The thing is i connect to Vatsim after doing correctly all the things i have to do so. But, when i see my "tag" in servinfo, although i already have sent my flightplan, it shows that i am like 200 miles away from the airport where i'm parked at the time. Also my flight status shows "?" and obviously i can't communicate with the tower controller because for the server i am out of the airport... I don't know if this have to do with the Firewalls.If anyone can help me out with this...

Guest dweese

This can be one of 2 problems.Check your Direct X version, you need to be on 9.0b or higher.Start menu -> Run -> dxdiag.exeFrist tab last line will give you a version number.IF that is not the problem.Start menu -> Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> First tab click Customize. Look at the List Separtor: if its a , make it a . if its a . make it a ,That should fix you right up.

Guest FnO17

Hey Dweese, thanks for your help. I did what you said: i checked my DirectX version and it's 9.0B. I changed in regional and laguage options the "," for a ".". But, the problem still thereAny other thoughts? Thanks for your help anyway

Guest dweese

What version of FSUIPC are you running? Current version is 3.30You could try that, but the regional settings should have fix it, this was a problem that alot of people saw when WinXP came out

Guest FnO17

I recently downloaded the FUIPC 3.3 and the problem still there.. Doesn't this have to do anything with the firewalls??

Guest rcritz

No, it has nothing to do with firewalls. Something is causing SB to read your position incorrectly or to format its packets incorrectly.Be sure your decimal separator is a period and your digit grouping symbol is a comma. That's usually what causes the 200nm problem. If you were coming up at 0N/0W then it would be an FSUIPC problem.

Guest dweese

Yup like Richard and I said in one of the first post. Check the . , thing. That is the only think I have even seen cause that problem, and it came about when we went to Direct X 9.0

Guest FnO17

All right, checked like you guys said. And i was missing the decimal separator. So, the problem it is now finally fixed. Thank you guys so much for your help and time!