Sign in to follow this  
Guest daytan

Connection error

Guest daytan

Hi there, I am a new user of sb2.3 and I just got a problem like that, when trying to connect to VATSIM: Connect Error: WSAETIMEDOUT The attempt to connect timed out without establishing a connection. And after, I have tried other servers, but it didn't work. Could anyone help me, thanks... Tansu

If you searched this or the SB/Procontroller forum Tansu you would ahve found this question asked and answered many times.The most likely reason is that you have not updated the server list for SB, SB was developed a few years ago and since then VATSIM server addresses have changed.The easiest way to update the IP addresses is from ServInfo, so if you have not installed that program yet do so.Start ServInfo and click on the VATSIM button top left of the ServInfo screen and wait for the data to load.Go to file->export ipaddr.txt and save it to your desktop.Open the folder where you have SB installed and copy 'ipaddr.txt' from your desktop to that folder. It will ask you if you want to overwrite an existing file of the same name, say yes.You should now be able to connect without that error.If it works you can delete the 'ipaddr.txt' from your desktop.HTH

Guest daytan

Thanks a lot for your explanation... Problem seems fixed from what I can tell.And sorry for asking something that has been mentioned before.

Guest daytan

Thanks a lot for your explanation... Problem seems fixed from what I can tell.And sorry for asking something that has been mentioned before.