Sign in to follow this  
Guest nickjaxe1

AVC tuner a few questions.

Guest nickjaxe1

Hi all my 1st post on this forum, I have it sorted now but I was having some probs with AVC tuner but I would still like to have a look at the manual if there is one, anybody know of one, anyway in the AVC tuner box there is a box to tick named "use range checking" what does this option do, to get mine to work I had to untick this box, also at the end of some stations listed there is N/R, what does this mean.Regards nick in the UK.

Guest dweese

Have not seen a manual for AVC Tuner but I have used it, great little program. As far as teh range checking thing I would have to say it would limit the range of AVC tuner so that you don't tune in to any controller on that FREQ. IE you in New York and tune to a ground controller in LA.Other then that I would say check AVC Tuners website see if they have a fourm you can post there. I'm not using it anymore as I'm testing SB3 now, and it has this built in.

Guest nickjaxe1

Ok thanks for that dave sounds about right, I still would like to know what N/R means on the end of each freq line.Nick in the UK.

Guest dweese

N/R = Not in Range??? Could be it. AVC Tuner may see the freq on the server but it telling you, your out of com range for SB.

Speaking of AVC Tuner, With the latest release I notice an rather annoying trait that I "think" was in the previous version as well but got worse with this one. Whenever I launch AVCT the first time, it launches ok but without the systray status icon. If I close and re-launch, it's there and all works well. Does this happen to anyone else. Not a huge deal, just an annoyance.Jay Eklund - Pilot 4332Senior VP Denver Operationshttp://www.pacificwestairways.com

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it