Sign in to follow this  
Guest seacat

Hello all- Ineed help with AVC + SB

Guest seacat

Hello all,I need some help. For months i have been trying to install AVC but just cannot. I am not too good on computers so maybe that's the problem.Can you email me the step by step way to ;1.Install AVC2.Configure it3. Do i need AVC tuner as a pilot also?4. Do i need to use SB after installing AVC? 5. Servinfo gauge.Is this the little green icon that comes up on the desktop? I tried upzipping/extracting it from the servinfo downloads but it just wont install!!!5. I register online /file ny flight plan with vatsim, but I do not see my name pop up under "all pilots" on the Servinfo . Why???? What am i doing wrong. This inspite of resending my flt plan once I am connected to Squawk box.My email address is : njo@powersurfer.netI would really appreciate some help.thanks,Naval.(seacat);-)

Guest dweese

3.Do i need AVC tuner as a pilot also?No AVC tuner is an addon that reads your Comm1 radio and sets voice for you but you do not need it4. Do i need to use SB after installing AVC? Yes, SB is the software that sends aircraft info to the network.5. Servinfo gauge.Is this the little green icon that comes up on the desktop? I tried upzipping/extracting it from the servinfo downloads but it just wont install!!!Don't worry about the gauge for now, it goes no your aircraft panel. But is something you don't need for basic setup5. I register online /file ny flight plan with vatsim, but I do not see my name pop up under "all pilots" on the Servinfo . Why???? What am i doing wrong. This inspite of resending my flt plan once I am connected to Squawk box.If your filing your flight plan with the website you will not see you name until you have connected to the newtowrk. And if you file via the website you may not be able to refile with SB once on-line.Questions for you.1. When you get on-line can you pick up any ATC?2. Can ATC see you?3. Does SB give you any errors when you try to connect?4. What setup guide did you follow to get all the software wroking?5. What FS version are you running?6. Do you have a router or cable modem?

Guest seacat

Hello Dave,Thanks for your advise. I will try and answer all your questions.>Questions for you.>>1. When you get on-line can you pick up any ATC? Yes - I pick up atc, but when page the controller & I type in asking for T.o clearance...No reply.>2. Can ATC see you?I doubt if they can see me . How do i make out apart from the fact that they may reply ?????>3. Does SB give you any errors when you try to connect?Usaually a time out. Then i reconnect and all is oK.>4. What setup guide did you follow to get all the software>wroking?I have not understood what you mean. I have followed the usual readme instructions that come with the zipped files.>5. What FS version are you running?Fs2002 pro and PSS A320 Airbus Pro for the past 2 years now.>6. Do you have a router or cable modem?> I have a LAN connection.Jus for your info(I hope it aids :) ), I flew from EHAm to EGFF yesterday, i could hear a lot of ATc but i really doubt if they could see me as there was absolutely no response when I asked for clearances. Infact I got a response from a fellow pilot BAW 868.Hope I get lucky.:)Thanks a mill for your help Dave.Regards,Naval.

Guest dweese

Go to www.vatsim.net/prc and read Vatsim 103c (i think) that is the FS2002 setup guide. Should give you everything you need.FS2002 is a easy setup as far as SB goes. So this most likely is something simple.What Direct X version are you running? To check -> Start menu -> RUN -> dxdiag.exe on the system page last line will give you a version number. You to be at 9.0b or higher for things to work the way they should.The fact that you were able to get a message from a fellow pilot almost makes me think everything is working fine. When you tried to call the ATC did you get anything from them? or other pilots talking to that ATC?

Guest rcritz

And did you get any messages in the squawkbox window about an invalid frequency?

Guest seacat

Thanks a lot Guys,Finally got all working fine. Now I can hear and talk to ATC.I have direct X 9.0 on my PC.Just one more question..:)1) I still cannot seem to get my name to be displayed on to the Servinfo page under "Pilots". This inspite registering and filing my flight plan. After flight plan filed, I get a small line that says the flight plan will be retained for 2 hours.So I guess at least I am filing the flt plan correctly.Thanks once again Guys for your kind help.Regards,Naval.

Guest rcritz

You won't have your name in ServInfo until you actually connect with SquawkBox. The name displayed there comes directly from the name you fill in on the Connect dialog box in SquawkBox.

Guest seacat

Hi,Noted thanks . However I still do not have my name appear inspite of connecting to Squawkbox .You won't have your name in ServInfo until you actually>connect with SquawkBox. The name displayed there comes>directly from the name you fill in on the Connect dialog box>in SquawkBox.Thanks for your help Richard.Naval.