Sign in to follow this  
Guest bfindlay

Cannot find games in Multiplayer screen

Guest bfindlay

Have read and re-read the tutorials in the PRC.On WinXPDirectX 9.0bSSDP service disabledUPnp disabled in routerBroadband connectionOrder of operations:1) Start Servinfo, click on VATSIM (I exported the file list to Squawkbox folder once)2) Start SBRelay - wait for status to indicate ready.3) Start MSFS and go to multiplayer session. Click 'search' and nothing happens. Try the 127.0.0.1 IP nothing happens. Ever.Have disabled Norton Protect, and have tried running it without ZoneAlarm.Windows Firewayll is off.Totally stumped. (this is a mirror from a response in another post. That was a 'stale' thread)

Guest bfindlay

Well, this is the most frustrated thing I have done in moths! :-(I have done all the suggestions, and still I get absolutely nothing on the 'search' screen in multiplayer. I just tried bypassing my router completely, and connecting the dsl modem directly to the computer. Same thing. SBRelay loads, and says the server is now ready to use. FS shows nothing at all when I search from within Multiplayer.I give up. Hours and hours of frustration and no progress whatsoever. I do believe that some people ARE able to use VATSIM, but from where I sit, it is pure vapourware.

Guest dweese

You've really got me on this one. Only other thing I could suggest is to uninstall Norton from you system. When I first got my new Dell it came with McAfee Firewall, even shut off I could not get FS to find the MP SBRelay was creating, once I uninstalled it everything worked fine, it was like shutting it down really was not shutting it full down.Have to tried FS9SB2MP? It works almost the same as SBRelay does, but will work for some where SBRelay will not.http://www.ivao.org/data/files/software/FS9SB2MP.zipOne more thing and I know this may shound dumb but its happened before. You do have FSUIPC ver 3.x installed right? Sorry I have seen this once before, FSUIPC ver 2.x will not work with FS9 and gives the same type of problem.

Guest bfindlay

Hi. I will give that a shot, and yes I have the latest and greatest FSUIPC installed, and SB is registered within it. Not sure if that is even an issue at this point, as I cannot even 'get into the game' in multiplayer.I am reluctant to uninstall Norton - as it is my only virus protection!! It has no firewall feature, just a virus scan. I use zone alarm as firewall. (Have tried it with that shut off as well).Thanks for responding.PS, I have tried using other ports on the client and host side of MS multiplayer, and have tried it with the router completely bypassed. No change.

Guest bfindlay

Well, I just tried uninstalling Norton (I set all the startup items to not load in both Norton and in the Windows startup config). Clean system tray. Same thing.Downloaded the alternative program you linked to and tried it. No luck.I am totally stumped. FS simply WILL NOT CONNECT to anything!If you would like to arrange a windows xp 'sharing' session, I can swing that. Let me know when. (And how - I have never done that before, but apparently it can be done in WinXP - where you can view and take control of my computer)Cheers.

Guest MB327

Lets be sure that SBRelay is getting far enough that there is indeed a server for FS2004 to connect to.Does SBRelay say it is starting servers....then:FS2002 server startedFS2004 server startedServers readyYou can now connect SquawkBox 2 and FS2004 to this serverYou need to get that far or FS2004 will never find anything.

Guest bfindlay

Hi - yes SBRelay always comes back with that 'ready' screen immediately. THe bottom line is in red - connect FS and SB to the servers...

Guest bfindlay

Success! (sort of). Don't know what I did differently, but I was able to finally get FS,SBRelay and SB to talk to each other.Now I can't get onto the network. Joined the MP session in FS.Went to an airport in Seattle, as servinfo showed that ARTCC was manned.Created a flight plan showing that I was just observing.Clicked on connect and it brought up the screen to enter my VATSIM id/password.Did that, then clicked the 'enter' button and got a screen that said 'my connection attempt was forcefully rejected'. Not just rejected, mind you - but FORCEFULLY rejected! Seems kinda rude! ;-)What now folks?? I entered the numeric id/password exactly as I recieved them from VATSIM two days ago.

Guest MB327

See Vulcan's reply on the other post.

Guest Paul Heaney

I had the same problem, with my router, I upgraded with the latest firmware, and it's been 100% ever since.