Sign in to follow this  
Guest a.r.causer

Changing Frequencies

Guest a.r.causer

I made my first VATSIM IFR flight today from EGFF to EGCC. It was an excellent experience leaving EGFF exactly as the real thing.The only problem I had was that to contact EGFF tower first I had to change my AVC connection to rw.avsim.net/Unicom to /EGFF_V_Twr. This was worked fine but when I was asked to go on to Unicom when departing EGFF airspace my AVC wouldn't let me. I tried to fire it up but it told me it was in use on Port xxx and could not open its library. What am I doing wrong?

Guest dweese

OK first off, when you select a ATC freq from the drop down window it should select the AVC room for you. Check on the network login screen of SB that you have the box check 'Use RW Voice' or something like that, its on the right side of the window. You need to have that selected so that SB can tell AVC what voice room to join.As for the unicom problem, don't worry about that, you shouldn't use voice on unicom use text only, each voice server has a unicom room, problem is they do not all connect together, so the traffic you want to talk to may not hear you.

Guest a.r.causer

Dave Thanks again for that.My "Use RW Voice" was checked and I will use text only on Unicom.My only real concern was that my AVC did not appear to allow me to disconnect from one room then move to another. For instance if I went from EGFF to EDDL and both were manned my AVC would not let me diconnect from one then go to the other as it would say that the "port was in use" and will not fire up the AVC connection box.I really appreciate all your help. I have been in a VA for some years and yesterday was the best FS experience I have had. I have had my PPL and the ATC was "as real as it gets". Thanks again!Tony

Guest pamber

I have problem with Unicom - it was listed in selection list but when I tried to change to it from egkk grd -noting happened -i stayed connected to egkk -am i doing something wrong.Bernie

Guest dweese

Your voice will stay connected the text radio will only change. Like I siad you should not be using voice on unicom anyways

Guest JF737WN

Are you guys trying to re-open AVC again? As in starting the program again from the start menu (or your desktop).