Sign in to follow this  
Guest lvedin

Router D-LINK DI-604 setting.

Guest lvedin

I don't know exactly what setting is required, however my setting works and it might help anybody.Vatsim doc say:6809 - for Squawkbox TCP/UDP6703 for SBRelay (if Used) TCP/UDP1900/6073/23456 for Direct Play UDPIn addition the AVC support write about:UDP port 3290 and 3782.I set all ports to be sure.My first most general setting works, but might cause more or less voice corruption.DI-604 setting "Virtual Server". "Both" means TCP and UDP.Protocol Type, Public Port.Both, 6809.Both, 6703.UDP, 1900.UDP, 6073.UDP, 23456.UDP, 3290.UDP, 3782.The D-LINK DI-604 doc say:"Some applications require multiple connections, such as Internet gaming,video conferencing, Internet telephony and others. These applicationshave difficulties working through NAT (Network Address Translation).Special Applications makes some of these applications work with theDI-604."My second setting work and I have no voice corruption.Note, all "Virtual Server" above is first removed or disabled.I suppose 6703 for SBRelay (if Used) should be used as trigger.For FS2002 probably 6809 should be used as trigger.DI-604 setting "Advanced Application".Trigger Port: 6703- (Only from 6703 given. No interval given)Trigger Type: BothPublic Ports: 6809,6703,1900,6073,23456,3290,3782Public Type: BothIn addition to port setting, I set DI-604 "UPnP disable".I recommend do not use DMZ if you can, since it might open all ports. And of cause, disable all possible firewalls in your computer.

Guest lvedin

I'm sorry I didn't mean to be any Mr "unknown", my name is Lennart Vedin SAS202, lvedin@passagen.seThanks for additional info.

That is interesting Martin. I just checked out the link you provided and there are quite a few people on the voice servers who must have "problems". I would say that over half of them have a different port listed than the 3290 that you pointed out. I haven't had the time to get into flying on Vatsim, but I have been testing connections occasionally with a D-Link 614. I hope that the troubles you elude to, don't affect the entire D-Link family!

>That is interesting Martin. I just checked out the link you>provided and there are quite a few people on the voice servers>who must have "problems". I would say that over half of them>have a different port listed than the 3290 that you pointed>out. I haven't had the time to get into flying on Vatsim, but>I have been testing connections occasionally with a D-Link>614. I hope that the troubles you elude to, don't affect the>entire D-Link family!Hello Chuck,unfortunately it affects the majority of all D-Link routers and allmost all Netgears. I personally own a DI-614+ and it

Guest lvedin

To complete this old discussion due to new interests.> This denotes the UDP port used by your connection for voice communiation. > It must be 3290 all the time. If you see anything different here your > router does not work correctly.A part of a router's task, is to exchange port addresses.The port address change is required to make two computeruse e.g. web-reader (port 80) at same public IP-address.For Squawkbox and AVC, it's not required for the router to exchange port addresses if only one user at LAN. Two Vatsim user can't possible be on same public IP-address.However many routers seams to exchange port addressesas the standard procedure.I can't in my mind thing it matter if the AVC application via router send e.g. 16222 instead of3290 as the package From-Address.The router don't change the package To-Address.What it mean is, if the voice server-application doreply on package, it should reply to 16222 andthe router will automatic redirect to right computer.However I don't even think voice server-applicationdo reply, it just send on new request.The important is that the required port is open for reveiving packages. And maybe nothing else matter.Lennart Vedin SAS202