Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sul

Problem connecting Squawkbox

Guest Sul

HiI'm following the vatsim guide in pilot resources and I'm up to the part where you run squawkbox and search for the multiplayer game, I click search but it doesn't find anything. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong - I'm connected to the Internet and I've followed the steps before accurately. Thanks for your help.

Guest dweese

Ok bunch of questions for you.What FS Version?FS2004? Does SBRelay show the servers are running? Look for 2 red lines in the SBRelay window.What OS Version?If you have Win XP and have not updated to SP2 you'll need to turn off the built in firewall. If you have updated to SP2 the new firewall works great.Do you have a router or cable modem?If yes you may need to open ports in it for SB/FS to get out to the internet.Check out this.http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/sbrelay/help.htmlIF you are running Norton or McAfee these both caused problems like this with most Mutil-player games. Not sure if Norton or McAfee every came out with a fix. As well there was a problem with ZoneAlarm Pro 5.0 I think a fix is out for that one.

Guest Sul

I'm running FS2004, SBRelay does show that the servers are running. I've got windows XP and not updated to service pack 2 and the firewall is always disabled. I don't have a router. I'm running outpost firewall...I'll check config there now. Thanks.Checked my firewall config. everything seems fine, also checked the page you linked to and tried what's on there (changing the port in FS and connecting to the net after running the progs))...but still having the same problem.

Guest dweese

Ok if SBrelay does not show the servers running then its not seeing the internet so its getting blocked by your firewall or a router.

Have you tried it with your firewall turned off? I have the same problem, but I'm using ZoneAlarm for my firewall. If I completely shut down ZoneAlarm, the FSRelay session immediately pops up in the MSFS multiplayer session search box.Since I don't want to be online for that long without the firewall, I've been using the "host" session option rather than "join" session. It then connects to the FS2002 FSRelay server and seems to work okay. At least, I haven't gotten any complaints from online ATC. I hope that's okay as a temporary workaround.Don S.

Guest Sul

No, no everything works up until I am using squawkbox to search for the game/server. I can connect FS2004 to SBrelay, it shows up in multiplayer, but then after that I can't get squawkbox to work...

Guest dweese

OK so you do see the red line in SBrelay saying the servers are running. Didn't sound like that in one of your other post.So lets go over this.SBrelay starts and shows the servers running?FS9 mutli-player shows the SBRelay session and you join it?When you start SB and select the MP it searches but does not find anything? Are you entering an IP in the window when asked? You should not have to, but you can try 127.0.0.1 that is your local system IP.