Sign in to follow this  

New Textures for Mike's New Goose

The metal texture looks great during daylight, however, on my system the aircraft becomes transparent in Twilight or early evening light.Regards,Bob

Thanks for all of your positive comments. Makes the effort worthwhile. For some fun, I have done an imaginary Air National Guard livery - no idea if it was used but the scheme appealed to me so here is a few snapshots:http://www.gjsmith.com/images/Goose-ANG-1.jpghttp://www.gjsmith.com/images/Goose-ANG-2.jpghttp://www.gjsmith.com/images/Goose-ANG-3.jpgI will be posting this texture set and my Golden Goose Textures this morning to my site so in a few hours they should be ready.Golden Goose:http://www.gjsmith.com/images/Golden-goose-3.jpgHappy simming and thanks again.Garry

Hi Bob,The transparency at dusk and dawn are because I have not yet done any of the night textures for the GOOSE - each one has to be created independently and I will do the Night Set of textures for each shortly for uploading - I chose to leave them out for the interim because of the massive size of the downloads already.Keep your eye on my web for the night textures in the next day or two. Garry

What you are seeing is the raw texture without any reflective effects whatsoever, she is not designed for that as you can see - she looks ugly without reflective effect.Silly question time: - Can you see any reflective effects on any of the default aircraft (I think the default b777 has a shiny belly)Next Silly question: Have you turned on the reflective effects within FS2002 - Options - Display - Aircraft Tab - set reflective effects to ONMany people who have contacted me about not seeing my reflective effects have missed the above setting and the world was fine for them after doing that setting.Garry

Well my friend - You are definately missing out on the great Reflective Effects of FS2002 - I can't believe that your card does not support this effect - Have you canvased the Forums to see if other Voodoo users have resolved the problem - It seems to be a popular card so someone must have addressed and resolved the issue by now.Give it a shot and I hope that it can be resolve for you.PS thanks for the plug on netwings.com Garry

Guest Frank Betts

How do you get drooling off of a paint job? :-lol This is a BIG time keeper for me. That must have taken some time to do. Thanks for sharing with us Garry ;-)

How about an all silver one with no markings on it Garry for us stupid people who can't figure out alpha editing?!?!?! :) Please? :)Don

Hi Don,Really sorry mate - but my master blanks and master Alpha blanks are the most critical part of the work I do with the textures - most of my focus goes into creating these with some considerable effort and this is the foundation magic of how I create the effects and details. So I generally never release these masters.However, I know that you are trying hard to achieve a Goose for your site - so how about you send me your fuselarge texture (zipped up please as I only have a 56k modem) and I will send you back an appropriate alpha'd image.RegardsGarry

Well I believe that if you take her for a swim you can remove the slobbering from the textures :-}Glad you like her and yes she did take some serious effort but the end result was worth it.Garry

Thank you Garry! I'm at a loss with this alpha! I'll get it to you shortly my friend! Thank you VERY much! Don

I have now completed the night textures for the three Gooses or is that Geese.Surf to http://www.gjsmith.com/textures/goose.htm and there is a night texture download available for each.Happy simming and hope that you are enjoying my textures.RegardsGarry