Sign in to follow this  

Atlanta Skyline

Hi Richard,You live by Park Place, huh? Interesting!I understand that building is owned by and is the home of, or at least one of the homes of, Elton John. And as a result, I understand he is often seen on the streets of Buckhead!Do you know any facts on that?I learned an awful lot of neat stuff while doing this project. Of course not all of it was really useful, but it was interesting!Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

Oooooh, THANKS!!!It was a lot of fun to do.Glad to share the joy!Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

He owns the top 2 floors from what I know.I have seen him coming out of park place when iam driving by but I have never seen him on the streets.We actually have alot of "stars" here :).Bill have considered doing pdk .I can get the pictures .I fly out of there ALL the time :)Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

hi Bill, great job. i loved flying around Atl. at night (anytime of the day for that matter). even got to make a few touch & go's several times at Hartsfield - late at night of course. when i was flying i flew out of gwinnett co.(KLZU) btw, love those Varsity chili dogs. happy flyin fm

Hi Richard,Thanks for the info on Elton. I'm really not much of a star watcher--really! But I must admit I was a bit intrigued. :)RE PDK: I'm not sure there is much I can do with it but I am certainly willing to consider it. If the pics are digital, email them to me at bmolony@bellsouth.net. I don't have a scanner anymore--mine got fried--literally! :)Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

Yeah, I'm afraid I am sorta stuck on their greasy rings myself :)Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

yes I have a DC :). I will take some pictures the next time I go out there.It might this weekend.I will get as many as I can and send them to you :)Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

Sounds great Richard!If you get into the air, I need some shots that are as close to vertical--from directly above as is reasonable--yea, I know, not easy to do and safety is always an issue! :) But it needs to show the whole airport.It may also be that the airport flight shop or gift shop or whatever might have a good aerial photo. Sometimes that can make a huge difference.Then some details shots of buildings--from directly in front if at all possible--so that there is as little skew due to perspective as possible. That would make the job a whole lot easier and much more accurate.By the way--hint hint--I've never been up in an aircraft smaller than a major commercial jet. Sure would love to do that sometime! :)Well actually that is not exactly totally true. I have been up in an 8-seater as a passenger flying over the Grand Canyon and also once in a glider over Dillingham Airfield in Hawaii. Total time between both was probably less than 1 hour. But both of those flights were "umpteen" years ago so time is ripe for another! :)I am already looking forward to what should be an intriguing tour of the Atlanta Regional Air Traffic Control Center down in Hampton next week.When I uploaded this scenery on the site, I really didn't expect this kind of response but it sure has been great. I am just glad I could share it with you guys.Good luck and happy flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)