Sign in to follow this  

Help with an A330 merge...

I'm not very experienced with tweaking .air files so I'm not sure what to change to fix the present problem. I'm trying to use the POSKY A330 with the PSS Airbus panel. After I take-off, and retract the flaps, the stall indicator (red line up the side of the airspeed indicator) shoots all the way up to 250 kts. Now obviously I'm not going to stall in a clean config at 250 kts. Also, as soon as I engage the AP, the plane begins bobbing up and down very violently. Now, I'm not sure what to change with the air file to try to fix these things...Any suggestions?TIMMY!!

The panel has been specifically designed for the weights and ballances of the A320 series aircraft.As the A330 series is completely different, it won't work.

Make sure you have newest airfile..Don't put any weights in the FMC at all - this will stop you from using a lot of the MCDU functions, but it will let you get into the air..You will likely need real A330 performance charts as you are going to be using your own data, since really all MCDU is good for without weights in is LNAV and a controlled ascent and descent - even then you won't get end of climb and top of descent indications. It will also calculate a cruise speed and altitude suitable for a 319-320 - you will need real performance charts for a more realistic cruise speed/alt. Also get your V-speeds from a perf chart. You have more weight and much more power in the engines, so the plane just flies differently. Don't even bother trying to use approach mode! Your 330 will likely stall trying to approach at the speed a 320 would use.Everything else seems to work OK, at least for me...flex mode takeoffs seem OK. You also don't get the virtual cockpit (obviously) and so you really have to ask yourself if it's worth it, would you get the same functionality out of a freeware panel (plus it might have good side views?) Whatever the case, in the last two weeks I have been able to actually fly Posky's 330 and 777, having been PSS/PIC/DF obsessed for a year or so. Man they r0x0r!!HTH.CheersJeff

Ok, I'll go try the update air file...I can't seem to get my signature to show upThanks