Sign in to follow this  
Guest RoSPA_David

Thinking about joining

Guest RoSPA_David

Hi guys, im really thinking about joining as i would like to up the level of realism and also have that human interaction. My worries however are that as i have add on scenery, airports etc then once on the ground, the airports wont line up. Ill explain, if someone else appears at the same airport, but does not have an add-on, then the parking positions wont align. This i guess would be the same for the runway vectors? Hope that i`m wrong regarding this as i would like to get out there and start flying VA Cheers David

Hello David!>Hi guys, im really thinking about joining as i would like to>up the level of realism and also have that human interaction.>My worries however are that as i have add on scenery, airports>etc then once on the ground, the airports wont line up. Ill>explain, if someone else appears at the same airport, but does>not have an add-on, then the parking positions wont align.>This i guess would be the same for the runway vectors? Yes, the problem exists, at least up to a certain level. The displacement between runways usually isn

Guest Thames_virtual

As Martin says, it does happen, but it's not a problem.If I'm parked at a gate at London City airport, using the OSS scenery, the controller usually complains that I'm sitting in the car park! But it's easy enough to allow for that when giving taxi instructions.The key thing is to turn crash detection off so that if you accidentally get too close to someone who is using different scenery it doesn't actually matter.As for being vectored to the approach, the controller will give you the final turn towards the ILS, but it's your job to ensure you are correctly established, so it doesn't matter if your scenery is a bit out of line with his/her radar.Do come and join in - it takes flight-simming to a whole new level!RuthVATGOV7Vice president - Communications, VATSIMruth (at) vatsim.net