Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lizardo

Water Landings??

Well,It's probably something stupid that I do, but I can't seem to get any Seaplane/Amphibian aircraft to land on Water....If I Touchdown, spark fly all around me, and the craft behaves the same way a crashed plane does...This goes for the Goose as well as the DO-24K.Is it just that I slam into the water too fast, or something wrong with any of my settings?

You need to flatten out and slow way down to almost stall speed before touch down. Both those planes land just fine when done correctly.

Guest Lizardo

I'd guess you're slamming it. You have to "kiss" the water at a low angle..or in real life, it'll "clean yer clock". (in a restricted place, come in throttle down, full flaps..then when at a low angle and just above it, up with flaps so it just "kisses" it.)

Okay, Thanks guys...I was just wondering, cause I Crashed FS2K2 a couple of weeks ago, and there's some settings gone since that time...I'll keep on trying then!

Guest SD Sim

Sparks flying sounds rather odd to me. This may be a reach, but perhaps you can try moving your FS2002.cfg file (in your MSFS2002 root folder) to a temporary location (outside the root folder). Restart MSFS and see if things return to normal (no more sparks flying).

Well, now I've been practicing a bit, and I've come to another conclusion, whcih partially coincides with David's reaction: Is it a beach?Cause whenever i try to land at default scenery Meigs, nothing is the matter....But if I try to make a landing on the water near EHVB with the NL2000 scenery, it LOOKS like water, but apparently isn't.So it looks like a study of scenery-altering is needed...:-hmmm

Guest Lizardo

That's possible. There's an "add-on" aircraft carrier group which sits right next to Meigs. But the water around it is "blue concrete"..you can land perfectly & taxi, on wheels.