Sign in to follow this  

Beech 18 I'm working on it!

Sounds like the old Beech 18 stured up a hornets nest. Just to let you know, I'm working on cleaning it up. I have already fixed the prop arcs. (much rounder now) I also added a missing windshield post in the 2D panel. (nobody seems to have caught that one) As for the translusent textures, I don't like them anybetter then anybody else. I have gotten several e-mails telling me how to fix it. Trouble is, each fix is different. I plan on sitting down this week end and trying out some of these fixes to determan which one acualy works.Give me a few days guy and I'll try to fix it. Thanks for using it, I'm glad you all like it. ...greg

The only other (little) thing that bugged me also was the lower right corner of the panel artwork on the fuselage bitmap gets stuck on the upper part of the supports on the center windscreen. This is on the outside I'm talking about.Hornit

We don't like it Greg. We LOVE IT!!!!!!!! It's going to be hard to repaint and equal the quality you did on her. That is nice. What are the chances of making 2 front textures for the fuselage sides? OUCH....don't kick me so hard! Just a question! :) That paintjob is such a classic look for that plane. That is one aircraft that will always (to me anyway) be a classic. I was lucky enough to get about 5 hours in them (Volpar conversion with radials, not t-props). Can't fly them with that damned wheel in the back! LOL! I like the way you made that panel too. Those switches are just like that. They sit on a little ledge like that. You certainly made my day with her!Don(yes, I did miss that missing post!)

Hi Greg,Thanks for whatever fixes you plan to do. In any case, I'm extremely happy with the 18 even without any fixes. We appreciate you time and effort.....Howard

The large number of posts about the translucent textures is just an indication of how popular a model you created Greg! I'm still a n00b to fs2002 (flying since June, about 50 freeware planes installed) but so far your Beech 18 is one of those special models that's both beautiful to look at in Spot View and a hoot to fly. Believe me I'll be searching for Greg Pepper downloads just as often as I download Mike Stone models, and that's pretty darned often!Really, thanks for a great plane Greg & we all look forward to flying it at night without the 'colonoscopy' special effect ;)