Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frank Betts

Anniette Aviation closing

Guest Timbo

The thought of logins and passwords brings a chilling image of Flightsim.com and "all nodes busy" to mind.[TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[link:www.fsworldonline.com/~timsfsstudio]Click here to visit Tim's FS Studio!] Updated August 16th!

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

Guest N247BK

Just a short word to the great developers:I was here before there was AVSIM, back when only a few of us had the skills to write "repaints" and other upgrades in code.The output was bad back then. These people out there today are doing fabulous work.Those who critize are obviously here for reasons other than flying the simulators.As a physician, I pay quite a premium annually for insurance protection against these same personality types.To Anniette, Heather, and others who contribute, I sincerely hope you will conclude, as I have, that I must do my work as best I can everyday, knowing I cannot please everyone.But for me, a smile on one face, where there was once despair, is all I need.Anyone can criticize; few can create joy.

Hi,I also totally agree with Tom.I understand that this hobby is openned to everyone,with no discrimination,but my moto is that your libery ends where the other's starts....(works better in french...sorry).But anyway,if more security means less privacy,so let it be that way.I don't do much for the community,just some flight plans occasionly,but i would hate receiving bad emails,for something i'm doing for fun,and for other people to enjoy.....(for free...do we need to mention it again....)Anyway I hope that you(Aniette)will remain a part of the AVSIM community,which is totally the best.Bonne chance et merciRichard CYHZ

Hi Anniette,I fully understand what you are saying here - I also paint aircraft texture mostly for fun and in response to requests. It is amazing how many people expect you to do these textures immediately and on demand as though they are entitled to do so. I try frequently to explain to people that texture work is complex and demands a considerable amount of skill and experience to achieve what people think are simple requests. Because we have the expertise to do it rapidly does not in any way imply it is easy but many seem to not understand this.You are not alone in your choice to quite the painting arena as many others have also done the same for exactly the same reasons. These people that complain about your work just demonstrate their ignorance and lack of understanding of the task at hand and if it persists then there will be none of us left. And that will be a great disservice to the Flight Sim Community.Your excellent efforts will be missed.RegardsGarry J. Smith

Guest Delta_747

A Hall Of Shame is exactly what we need. Show those idiots that they cannot win.In my opinion though, the best way any freeware artist with a website can do is keep that site open. Show those idiots that they can't close you!

Hi Tom I allways use my real name and email as well I for one say go for it everybody should use their name and not some frigg'in C.B.handle Dan Martin

Guest GZR_Frenchy

Anniette, Funny thing about all this. Well, not really funny but somewhat odd. Mostly, I belong to the CFS2 set. Guess we shoot up ourselves in grand fashion and come back to be friends. Maybe, that lets all the frustration out. I don't know.But, such personal emails do not exist in the CFS2 world. At least to my knowledge. But then it is a smaller world than GA. Emotions run high. Well, maybe they run really high at times. The respect for designers remains higher. Never doubt that. Never. Each time a thing like this "dings" me -- it is pause for thought. Next time I will be better. Hey, you -- with the mouth -- make something better. You will notice the silence.Nothing excels like sticking to it. Nothing.Ahh, heck. Just an old Frogs ramblings. But, then that is what old Frogs do. Hehe.Stick in there kid. You have a lot of friends.Frenchy -- out.

Sorry to hear this. These are the same weenies that almost shut down FFG, PF, etc. for good. I call them the "bored Quake users looking for something new to kill from the trenchcoat mafia". They've made their presence known in the last few years in this hobby....fortunately they usually get bored again and just go away, always searching for someone else to make as miserable as their pathetic selves. Anyway...Thanks for your work

I think the complainers have three options. 1) If you don't like the file that you downloaded, delete it.2) If you can improve the file, then ask the author's permission and make it better. 3) If you cannot do either of the above, keep quiet and move on.Most of us do this as a hobby. We do not want someone to tell us what we offer for free is not up to their standards. Us freeware designers and painters do not owe anything to the general public.

Guest SD Sim

This is what makes grown men cry. For me it is a sad reflection on what our world has become. Less than one year ago terror reigned, and for a brief period of time the world united. How soon some people forget the lessons learned, and quickly drift back into their rut of hatred and disdain. We were all created equal, and should be thankful for every breath of air we have the luxury to inhale.Sorry for jumping on my soapbox, but when wonderful people like Anniette are mistreated, for any reason, it truly upsets me. Live life to its fullest Anniette, and enjoy everything you do.

Anniette,Your message makes me have a laughing and a weeping eye.GOOD is that You are still around and that it seems we can still expect wonderful stuff from You done with Mike's first-class models.BAD is that some stupid jerks that should get their lessons teached with a bat on their backside brought You to this point. I am feeling sorry for this though I did not anything this way.I once was in the editorial staff of another fs site, and when I once wrote about a payware add-on "nobody needs it since available freeware is better" You can imagine that hell went loose on me... from my "teammates" that feared their sponsoring would diminish... from the authors that did not want this to be public... in short terms, I resigned from my post and got me another email adresss.It's a sad day, but, if You am willing, maybe You could give as a tutorial how to do the magic?Hope to read UToMey

Hi Anniette.So sorry about those mails. You have been a great person to me with this hobby. You have made my simming experience so much greater with all your help and always have been so willing to contribute. I for one really hope you have a change of heart about closing. Try to let all those baaaaad mails go and just think of all the simmers you have given enjoyment to...like 99% on this forum...you know what they say: " Can

Vl3MQY.png

Guest JonP01

Tom,Regarding the secure access business. I thought this was what we were going to do last time we all had to re-register. Myself and many others were fully supportive of the idea. We registered with our full names, no pseudonyms, nothing but our true identities - both on your files and as our user names. Then within a week there had been hundreds of new registrations in breach of these new rules and before we knew it we were all back to square one.

Hi Anniette,Very sorry to hear this - it does seem that as we have seen over the last week here at AVSIM the "minority" is steadily ruining things for the "majority", obviously you are not the first to feel this way and unfortunately you will not be the last.Let's hope there is something we as a community can do about this. Unfortunately I don't think "shutting the doors" at AVSIM will work since I am sure that quite a few people like to browse the site before registering - I know that I did.

Guest Matt Johnson

Let me just reiterate what Tom said here. It would give me no greater pleasure than to find out where these losers who are insulting some of the most courteous and friendly members of our community are coming from, and make sure they can't spoil things for others.As soon as we get the information, we will act.--M