Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frank Betts

Anniette Aviation closing

How can these people demand things from a person's hobby time? :-hmmm What kind of a character would be so rude, selfish, immature, and spoiled? :-hmmmA few days ago I was astounded to see people demanding that Flightcraft fixed various parts of their A340... they weren't politely asking... they were demanding a fix to something that they perceived as being wrong. One person actually said that it would reflect badly upon them if they released it as it is :( (and this guy is in a freeware group). Lots of these people are oblivious to the ramifications of their words, and there seems to be an unhealthy amount of this going on. These individuals think that they can hide behind the Internet and hurl abuse and demands at people...... I think we are heading for a watershed period. There also seems to be rumblings of rivalry between freeware groups.. like this is a competition?!:-roll Sad, childish, and selfish :(I think it's time that real names are used on here, like @ BA virtual. You can't hide behind an alias @ BAV, and attack people without fear.

I would like to add my support for the ideas of a wall of shame and the secure site.Anniettes problem is becomming too common - she is not the first freeware contributor to withdraw because of idiots.Cowardly abuse is all too easy with the Internet's anonymity. Most of the 'bashing' in the forums is done by people hiding behind 'screen names'. (The recent bashing of 'Bear's picks' is an example). I thought the original policy of using real names in the forum was a good one - shame it got dropped.PaulEGJJ

Guest JDH

Well, Anniette, this has to be the most upsetting post I have ever seen on here. :( The loss of your input to the FS community is, IMO, unacceptable.I have a great number of Mike Stone's a/c with your repaints, indeed you made a great pair with the aircraft and liveries being churned out.Please, please take some time and reconsider. I know it can't be easy dealing with the selfish, arrogant dimwits that plague this hobby, but don't let it become a cancer and kill it off.Anniette, you are a much bigger person than these scum, you devote time and attention to developing great liveries, they do NOTHING, they donate NOTHING to our hobby but misery. Please, I beg you, if you still have them, please post their emails and names so that we can give them what they deserve!!There have been aircraft that have been uploaded that have been pretty awful, but somebody has worked their butt off on their pride and joy! If you don't like it DELETE IT!! Or do better youself.Just one plea from me, Anniette:DON'T GO!!;)

I also think the wall of shame and secure site is a good idea!What about it Tom? - You did a census on what we thought of Avsim - please - do one on this very important issue I think it would meet with a positive answer.I feel that if a stand is not made against the moron-half-baked society then it is likely to do harm to this great hobby of ours and also to the vast majority of very grateful users of very time-consuming freeware.Ask your customers Tom, they will I am sure, give a resounding YES to the first Sim site to stand up to the sickening breed who try to distroy what others gratefully give for nothing.

It seems like you have reconsidered by that last post. This is good. Don't stop doing something you like because someone else doesn't like it. If we all stopped doing things others didn't like, the whole world would have to stop doing anything! The world won't change for you, you have to learn to live within it. That includes the good times AND the bad times. The good part of that is there are always more good times then there are bad times. Your friend and downloader!,Don

Anniette,Whatever your decision, I completely understand. I would also like to thank you for your contributions to the flight sim community. You are one of the best.Paul Martin

Guest CapnCol

HelloLike everyone else here I am very sorry that you have had to come to this decision. I have great admiration for all designers (freeware or payware) as the whole process is a complete mystery to me. The efforts you put in must be immense and I thank you all for it.I have downloaded a fair amount of stuff for my sim over the last few months and tried to personally thank everyone whose files I am using.I sincerely hope that there can be a way around this harrassment problem as this flight simulation would not be anywhere near as enjoyable without the quality freeware ( and payware) available.Colin

Tyhanks for all your hard work on these repaints and i have one question do your Atr paints work with the new -500 one i know the eurolot but what about the american eagle and continental and others does it work i tryied it but the props don't spin it's just a round grayish color..please help with this anybody or alpha...

Very sorry to hear that you're leaving Anniette. I always hoped to see a repaint of a PAI aircraft done by you.

Guest 727Fan

Anniette!It's with great distress that I hear of you deciding to close your aircraft repainting efforts.Your kindness and great talent has been very much appreciated, by ALOT of people. You have graciously done the SKYWAY repaints at my request so I could put some local aircraft into my FS world.Those repaints are spectacular!!!The attention to detail is wonderful!Please do not leave us! And it is without selfishness that I say this. Simply the fact that you have experienced the rude, boorish crowd's behavior is enough to really anger me, for I consider you a fine friend!I will support anything AVSIM can do to protect you, Mike Stone, Rick Sasala, et al from having your efforts and talent be the subjectof crude and rude responses from the idiots of the simming world who have no clue.I will also support you making any decision with regards to your offerings. Just make the repaints you want to. Or accept only requests from folks you know are thankful to recieve.Best Wishes, Your friendRick (KMKE)

Jay, I'm assuming that your message was posted innocently and that, for some reason, you just aren't aware of how insensitive it sounds in light of the conversations occurring in this thread. I strongly suggest that you rethink it.Mike Stone

That's indeed the kind of comments that make people leave. Incessant complaints and demands.I wonder where the posts are stating it's not her right to stop because the MUST HAVE whatever first.Anniette, don't let them get you down. You paint because you like it, if others don't like your work that should be their problem and not yours.There is a simple remedy for such people, and that is to block their email. Ignore them and most will go away. Those who don't, expose them for all to see.If you want to quit, that too is your decision and yours alone but be sure to make it for the correct reasons and don't let a bunch of immature idiots drive you to it.

Hi Jay,I hope you mean well, but it reads a bit negetive considering the thread that Alpha posted..This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Hello everybody and alpha i'am sorry and disgusted with myself for asking a stupid question like that i did not want to say it in a mean way i want to ask a question i don't want no trouble with you people i respect all you people i just wanted to ask a question and again i'am sorry for my stuipid question....

Hi Jay,No worries...it was not a stupid question, just maybe the wrong thread to post it on. I am sure you will get some help on your problem, just start a new thread with your question.This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png