Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frank Betts

Anniette Aviation closing

Guest Toni Rauch

AnnietteThere's an old phrase used a lot in the UK that's very appropriate:"DON'T LET THE BUGGERS GRIND YOU DOWN!!!"You must not let these 'faceless' idiots get the better of you - they're not worth it.Good Luck!--------------------------------------------------------------------TomYour idea for a secure site is excellent. I have never understood people's need to hide behind aliases.In my opinion, unless you've something to hide or you're ashamed to be recognised for some bizarre reason, you should use your real name. After all, you don't apply for things like passports using names like "Rotorcoptorman7854" etc.....(No disrespect intended if there is someone who uses that name)Toni.

Anniette, Sorry about your decision, but you do what you have to. I've enjoyed your repaints for awhile now, especially since, I suck at digital painting (I've been practicing tho). I hope I can be considered your friend so that I can continue to receive your work. :)Seriously though, I've been simming for a long time (back in the days of BBS' and the sort). The online community has canged, sometimes I fear for the worse. I remember days when people appreciated what others did and made constructive comments rather than pass insults. You really do have to have thick skin in this biz. I remember one guy who was cursed because he released a payware aircraft, after years of doing freeware stuff. It did not matter that we enjoyed his freebies for years (literally); one payware release made him the enemy. Imagine that!There are days when I just get sick of the hobby because of talent-less nitwits (I have to keep it clean) that do nothing more than pass negative/demanding remarks. People are people I guess. Keep your head up and hold on to the passion. Enjoy what you do and ignore the little freaks that hide behind their pc's with nothing better to do than insult others for things they can do not better.Flame on,--Tremembering the good ole days when we enjoyed the blood and sweat of others. BTW, I have thick skin!!! :)

Tom,I am feeling very sorry for Anniette, as You can read from my previous post.But, I am not sure what I am more afraid of:The stupidos that insult nice people like Anniette, or once insulted me,orThe guys that overshoot the solution. Please think and weigh the options wisely about that so-called "safe" solution. I did not insult anyone here, but I stand up for freedom of speech (as long as it is based on facts). In my ears, and I hope I misunderstood, what You say sounds like massive censorship ("god forbid..."). If I don't speak up nice about everything contributed, You'll ban me? I hope You only mean to filter out the real bad guys and not just people that from time to time say what they do not like. I imagine that one can also gain from CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. No I am not trying to defend weirdos. Please dont understand me wrong. I'd just like to be sure that this remains one site I will be happy to come to.And, @Anniette, some words of wisdom: "Everywhere You go, there is already an A$eh0le." Maybe the bunch insulting You were Yours big A's ... ;-) Keep Your head up. Yours is one of the nicest sites I've ever visited.Tom, Anniette,regards and compliments for Your workTorsten aka ToMey

Guest Frank Betts

Man, that sucks. Your talents are incredible! What a loss for us.

Guest Heather 636

I would forward them to you Tom but I didn't keep them; deleted, gone. A proper gesture to what I thought of "their" opinion.Unless a complaint is legitimate or from the people who matter, all they do is anger me and make me that much more determined to stay put and stand my ground. I don't back off easily when I feel that I haven't done anything wrong. On the other hand, when I have, I will be the first to apologize.I am inclined to agree that, used properly, a "Hall of Shame" could be useful. It would have to be moderated though or everyone with the least little gripe, warranted or not, would be sticking things up there. I also have no problem with a secure site requiring UID and PW. It's a shame to see anything have to come to that, but then times change. I remember when kids at school only worried about getting beat up by the school bully. Times indeed change.Regards,

Anniette,I'm really sorry to hear that you've been offended in such a way. Believe me, should you have chosen to simply dissapear and not upload any more of your fantastic repaints, I would (and I believe the vaste majority of people here also would) have fully understood and supported you, but that would have been too sad for all of us. I was also tempted some time ago to do that. If you still decide to share with us here those repaints you make for yourself, those will always be the best ones -the artist's true inspiration. Truly yours,Paco