Sign in to follow this  

paralax effects on screen

A friend of mine just finished a cockpit project , and we having this paralax problem when the fs scenery is projected on the screen. We really didn

With rear projection or front projection the same problem exhists. To lessen the problem is to create distance from the pilots point of view. Depth perception in humans ends at approx. 10 - 12 feet, I plan on front projection in my project, screen 10 feet from pilot point of view, and still expect to have some paralax effect. It takes a lot of space, it's either that or colimating mirror.Matt O.www.a340project.us

>expect to have some paralax effect. It takes a lot of >space, it's either that or colimating mirror. >Can you give me some explainations/links about these "collimating mirrors"?I've been hearing a lot 'bout them in recent times, but don't know what they are...Thank youClaudio

Thank you Matt . Any idea how much would it lessen the problem ( in percentage ) doing as you

Guest RichardL

Hi Leilson,Just a thought, but what about changing the FS cockpit viewing position. There are settings, I think in the aircraft.cfg or panel.cfg file, that can be changed to adjust the seat forward, lateral, and height positions. I read a post awhile back referencing this method to raise and maintain a specific seat height position.This post has me concerned since I hope to add an lcd projector to my flightdeck soon.Richard

Guest MikePowell

This may answer some of your questions about collimating mirrors:www.mikesflightdeck.com/scenery_display_1.htm Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.comInfo for simpit builders

Guest RichardL

I agree! I've been working on mine for a year, and this the first I've read about a paralax problem.Richard

One of several reasons why we got away from projectors.

what is this paralax effect? i am also planning to build a simulator (767-300er). and now, in the planning phase, it is early enough to avoid mistakes...Bodo

I've thought of this problem quite a bit, I don't know what the percentages are. But as I mentioned earlier, greater distance is the best answer. Another thought, as Richard mentioned, move the center of display. My thought is, using a three way switch for Capt. view (display centered from capt. point of view), center view (centered to the flight deck), and First Officer view (display centered from F.O. view).Matt O.www.a340project.us

Hi, Matt This change in views comes to be a good idea, and how should I do that?I mean , moving the projector according to the wanted wiew or what ?Or through the FS? Leilson