Sign in to follow this  

Any Circuit diagram for Seven Segment display that can

There are ready-made boards for the LED's - I think CSI has one (hopefully someone will chime in with the URL, I dont have it).For the power supply, I dont have the part #, but just stop by any radio shack and they'll have them. As for whether the supply will drive all the LED's, it depends on how many you have connected. The MAX will drive a single LED per segment, up to 64 per device, but if you are going to daisy-chain the MAX's you will need to make sure that the supply is big enoough. Generally you can figure 25ma per LED with the 47K resistor, so for 100 LED's you'd need a 2.5A supply.Dave.

Hi Dave,Finally my ciruit is working fine, my problem was with the ground connection.I built my prototype with 5 digits, so , in the first "MAX Digit # " box I keep 0 ( zero ) and in the second I change from 1 thru 5 ( I have 5 displays ) and in "Numeric value " box I put the number I want to see in the correspondent display. Is this the way you did the "TestMAX " ?Now it's time to think in the code to work with FS2002.Hope to hear something from you on this matter.Best regards,Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Alberto Kunzel

Hi Alberto,thats great news - glad you got it working!!! I have some rudimentary code that will read from FS and display on the MAX if you want it. Let me know, and thanks for the update.RegardsDave T

Hi Dave,Yes, if you already have something reading from the FS will be welcome.You can send to akunzel@urbi.com.brThanks & rgdsAlberto Kunzel

Hi Alberto,which pin is ground on the parallel port?Best regards,Pesach(KJFK)

Hi Pesach,I grounded pin 18.Regards.Alberto Kunzel