Sign in to follow this  

Touch Screens??

Searching E-Bay I found touch screen covers. Are these things of any use in FS?? Looks like it works like a mouse but you just touch the screen where you want to click. If that is the case this looks like a great thing to have on a multiple monitor setups. Any one know if they can be used for FS applications??http://www.ktone.org/images/FSD_ken.jpg

Blowhole... I doubt there are any FS applications that would use touchscreen monitor. In real world, there isn't any commerical, military, or general aviation that has anything do with touchscreen monitor. Unless someone can prove me wrong. You might as well want to consider installing the touch screen monitor as a ATM machine in your cockpit in case you want to deposit/withdraw cash when you re ready to order more FS Cockpit/softwares/Hardwares products.. :-lol

>Blowhole... >> I doubt there are any FS applications that would use >touchscreen monitor. In real world, there isn't any >commerical, military, or general aviation that has anything >do with touchscreen monitor. Unless someone can prove me >wrong. You might as well want to consider installing the >touch screen monitor as a ATM machine in your cockpit in >case you want to deposit/withdraw cash when you re ready to >order more FS Cockpit/softwares/Hardwares products.. :-lol Gentlemen,I will probably use one of this with FMC.I have the FMC in one monitor, which is placed in the center console ( DF 737-400 ), so, with touchscreen I will can use the FMC as needed without worry about keys, just touching the scren where the FMC has keys.RgdsAlberto Kunzel

Let me know how and if this works. I see posibilities here that are exciting to say the least. If in fact, touching the screen with one of these devices installed, equals a mouse click on that spot, then having the panel on a monitor with a touchscreen should allow one to touch the landing gear handle and have the gear come down or touch the flap lever and have the flaps go down. Opening and closing Pop up panels in this manner would be a dream instead of grabbing the mouse and searching for the spot to click. I am very interested to know if this works before I spend a lot of $$'s to buy a touchscreen unit. Thanks,http://www.ktone.org/images/FSD_ken.jpg

Guest gasebah

Not to mention having all those avionics units like Garmin 530 or Flightmax running on this display. This way we would get rid of the mouse forever. However the touch screens are pretty expensive and nobody can guarantee that it works with FS2002. So I did not dare to buy one and try it out.Alex

Alberto,Did you get the MAX driver software I sent???Dave

Alex,<<<>>> You can get a touchscreen cover to go on your existing 17" Monitor on E-Bay for around $80. They have 50 new ones and once they are gone there will be no more. If I had the $$ to spare I would try it and see. I agree this would be great on the Garmin GPS!http://www.ktone.org/images/FSD_ken.jpg

Guest gasebah

I C. But unfortunately I am sitting here in Germany, adn doing overseas business via e-bay usually is not a good idea as way too complicated. I cannot find those covers here. Otherwise I'd buy one.Alex

>Alberto, >>Did you get the MAX driver software I sent??? >>Dave Hi Dave,Yes.As I was travelling I could not to try it yet , but I hope that this weekend I will do that, and will advise immediately on the results.Thanks & best regards. Alberto Kunzel