Sign in to follow this  

PSS 747-400 and making/programming hardware

Hello guys,'I have started to built a "real" cockpit at the end.Untill now I had only the Wideview setup as you can see below.But is allready changed and bigger.The outside view ( 6 monitor ) is in it's place and also the frame.I have all tyhe measurements for the cockpit ( thanks to KLM ) and everything will be based on teh PSS 747-400.I won't be using Magenta , because there are more options and features in the PSS package.For instance : an allmost fully opertated overhead and lower eicas system , as also messages appearing on the upper Eicas.I will be connecting knobs and switches to keypress commands and then via Key2Mouse I will convert them to mouseclicks on a screen outside the cockpit ( This screen will show several panel windows ).The problem is the MCP .It is written in a difficult binaire code and is not compatible with FSUIPC.Because of that the MCP from Aersosoft isn't compatible either.I really would like to have some software , connected to 7 segm.led displays and some lights ( hold mode lights ) which only has to read values.Just showing ALT / Spd / V Spd / Hdg and the several Hold mode lights is enough.The rest can be done with my Key2Mouse configuration. Who has experience on this and give some hints ?I know some guys familiar with programming , but I have to give them a point where to start.Thanks in advance,Gerard SaldenBeta Tester WideviewBeta Tester FsLandclass

Guest MikePowell

Gerard,A most impressive setup!You might take a look at www.fsbus.de for some ideas.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.comInfo for simpit builders

Gerard,the problem is because PSS does not want to make their products "open" and to communicate with Fsuipc as others do.It is better to try with something else like PS1, or PIC767 or Project Magenta through Fsuipc offsets and Epic ot a keyboard emulator.OAL331Athens-Greece