Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jack

Apron Fixes & Shemya

Hi All,Appreciate your responses to Aprnfix5.zip. Gotta be more out there that needs fixin'. My "to do" list is mighty short.Several of you have sent me airports that you want fixed, but when I went to the airport, I couldn't find anything wrong. That is, I didn't see any bleed thru, etc. Therefore, I didn't include them in my fix uploads. I wonder if our video boards can be at fault. I have an ATI Radeon 7500 64 MB. So maybe, the problem is really there, but I can't see it. If you still have problems with bleedthru (we used to call it shimmering) let me know. I can still make fixes for airports even if I can't see the problem. The fix actually confirms an airports elevation as listed in FS2002, but perhaps making a separate file which is read last re-confirms things--I really don't even know why my fixes fix things. Such is life! BTW, that also goes for disappearing taxiway lines. To digress, a year or so ago, I sent up to flightsim.com a file called PASY2K2.zip. It was of Shemya Island, in the Aleutians. A couple days ago, I uploaded it here, so if you want to see what a remote tour of duty looks like, give it a try. I spent a year at this place back in 1969-70, It affords an excellent place to refuel between Anchorage or Seattle and Tokyo. I used the default FS2002 scenery, excluded the airport and made my own scenery. If I don't toot my own horn, who will?

Guest HeavyFan

hey Page! Well it would be nice if you could make the Cargo parking area have solid Concrete Texture's like you did to the terminals at KORD, PANC,KSEA,KLAX,KSFO,KLAS, mostly all the default detailed airport's! AS I made Cargo Parking and it's hard to judge where it should be beacuse all the grounds around the Cargo Areas are very White, Brown, or just plain wierd looking! So if you could do this would be great! MIKE-:)

can u do KMSP?nw1.gifTim Quayle Northwest Virtual Airlines et al - MSP

Hi Tim,It was one of the first I did. Check out aprnfix5.zip.

Hi SimMan,That's a big order! Just what would you have other than grass? It would probably have to have seasonal changes too. And don't forget, we're talking about over 23,000 airports. ;)

HeavyFan,It could be done if I knew where they were. If you could send me look-down screen shots of the airports (after aprnfix5.zip is added) and edit them (in Paint or whatever) to tell me where, perhaps I could amend those files. Go a bit high so the pics won't be too big in file size.

Page:I did send you an e-mail requesting you look at KBOS and KPWM. Did you find any problems with bleed through on these runways? Chris

Chris,I did see disappearing taxilines at KPWM, but I don't remember anything wrong with KBOS. As I mentioned in the basic post here, the problem may exist but I can't see it. In any event, I'm going to do KBOS as well as about 40 other airports reported to me that I didn't see any problem with. Better safe than sorry. The files won't effect negatively anything in default FS airports anyway. Also each new bgl file is a little over 300 bytes, so they're small. So...have patience and they'll all get done. I had mentioned that my "to do" list was small, now it's suddenly enlarged by leaps & bounds!

Hi, CYVR also suffers from intermitent grassy taxi ways :) Cheers

Guest HeavyFan

OK Page, I will try a post some shots of the Cargo Areas that i think need to be done! MIKE-:)

Guest Jack

Hi Page,I have installed your fine Shemya scenery and it is excellent. But where did you go for a night out? Even the rice paddies were friendlier, if more aromatic!If you're looking for something to do, I have a problem with KOCF and Ketchikan ground bleeds.Many thanks for your fixes and your scenery. Your efforts are much appreciated.Regards, JackD

If you are looking for more airports, LLBG has a problem with concrete at the long parking (at lease I think it is for parking) area west of the terminal that runs along one of the taxiways.Thanks for your hard work,JeffDetroit, MI USAAMD Athlon XP2000Windows XP 768MB DDR pc2700 ramMSI KT3 Ultra VisionTek gforce 3 ti500