Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Hagstrom KE72 encoder for PIC 767 FMC

Hi,I managed to program the Hagstrom KE72 to generate the standard key sequences for controlling the FMC of PIC 767. You may find some more info on my home page in the projects section and you may download the config file from my downloads section.Now I know that I can control the FMC with a KE72, without having to use key2mouse, I am very much interested in examples of how to build a hardware FMC box with switches and a screen. I am aware of the Flightdesk Solutions FMC. It looks very nice but it is rather expensive and there is no monitor screen with it.Regards,KiekEHAMhomepage: http://home.planet.nl/~nwkaan/

Hi Kiek,Good news, but were you able to assign key commands for the overhead panel and the pedestal without using mouse2key??Thanks,mofa

Hi mofa,I did not tried that because I needed almost all the 72 inputs from the KE72 encoder for the 69 buttons of the FMC, but I am almost certain that you could control all the other PIC specific functions on the pedestal, overhead, and so on, as well. There is no real difference. For example, generating SHFT+CTRL+F11 or SHFT+CTRL+F12 for the left and righ fuel switches on the pedestal, would be no problem at all. IMHO key2mouse is not needed.Cheers,Kiek

Guest MikePowell

Kiek,On the Project Magneta site http://www.projectmagenta.com/references/index.html there is a picture of a self made FMC by Brian Williamson along with Mr. Williamson's contact information.You might also look at the Esterline Korry site www.korry.com to look at some of the product brochures. There are some picture in them that may suggest an approach that appeals to you.Small monitors possibly suitable for an FMC turn up from time to time on the surplus market. I have tried to develop a list of likely suppliers, and maintain that list on the links page of my site.Finally, let me congratulate you on your very informative web site.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.cominfo for simpit builders

MikeThanks for the links.Kiek

Guest Stephan Haas

Nico,Bought almost all the buttons at Conrad (in some cases I bought the whole stock (4 pieces) and some printboards (2,54 mm raster). The buttons will nicely fit into the raster, soldered to the copper side. The LSK keys are a bit out of raster, so I'll have to find another solution. But that cam come later, since I first need the right monitor (might end up with a slightly bigger monitor so the box will not be true to real). You'll end up with a lot of wires that will go to the Hagstrom breakout boxes.Apart from the LSK keys the are at the same level so unless you want the height difference as in the real one you "only" have to cut "some" holes in a plastic sheet to make the front plate.Coming Sunday I'll have my camera back and I'll make some pictures so you'll get the idea.Kind regards,Stephan Haas