Sign in to follow this  

First pictures of my generic Turbo-Prop cockpit

Hi Michael,Thanks o lot for your apprciation and your help.Will get back to you as I need it.ThanksRoger

Alkit,Thanks for your comments. You panel is fantastic and it should not be too complicated to get it work. You should ripp off all the stepper contained in the Instruments, exchange it with RC servos and drive that with several possible option like FSBUS or Ferrotronics Solution.Ask Mike Powell. http://www.mikesflightdeck.com/Iinstrument_panel_3.htmRegardsRoger

I think that piece of cake to you guys to convert it to sim cockpit. But it is very complicated to me as i don't have any electric and mechanic knowledge. The biggest problem is, no one with these kind of knowledge can help me in here. I have added the link to my bookmark. I will take a deep look in it when x'mas holiday (now having exam). regards,Alkit

>On the attached pictures you can see what you probably call >"car suspension". I do use these hydraulic pistons as well >for the yoke column. (You can see behind the rudder my >former yoke made with joystick pieces and were I also used >hydraulic resistance) Yeah, your pedals got us all here looking at "aerobic stepper" devices at the mall with great interest... :-) Too bad those dont center themselves. Do your pedals do that?>An other good way for the roll axis of the yoke is the use >of gas springs. Much better, just more expensiv. In my >former yoke ( see second pictures) you can see the >mechanism. It gives the feeling of "air" resistance much >more realistic than metallic springs. Yeah. Where did you get those short ones? The smallest I could find were 330N a piece, and umm, they were insane.How do you make those work, I mean, dont the hydraulic forces cancel each other out? Or do you have those connected in such a way that when turning left only one of them moves? That would work but I am wondering how to do that mechanically..Sigh, a nice engineers degree would be useful here .. :-)Tuomas

>Yeah, your pedals got us all here looking at "aerobic stepper" >devices at the mall with great interest... Too bad those dont >center themselves. Do your pedals do that?Not at all. But in real plane they dont either!!!I like using the pedals that way. and all fellow pilots how have tried it find it perfect. >How do you make those work, I mean, dont the hydraulic forces cancel >each other out? Or do you have those connected in such a way that >when turning left only one of them moves? That would work but I am >wondering how to do that mechanically..It's gas, not oil. Actually when I turn one way, only one gas spring does work. The mechanical principal has been used by CH for conventional springs. In my city, Strasbourg, there is a company where I can buy these items with custom N.they have a sitewww.bertholdmarx.comRoger

>Not at all. But in real plane they dont either!!! >I like using the pedals that way. and all fellow pilots how >have tried it find it perfect. Hmm, you are right. Well, they *do* center when you are in the air and the airflow forces the rudder straight, but yeah, all joysticks and stuff usually just center too much. The "stiffness" of the oil damper is what makes the feel "realistic" rather than the spring centering.. Hm. I need to try that..>It's gas, not oil. Actually when I turn one way, only one >gas spring does work. The mechanical principal has been used >by CH for conventional springs. Hm. So it has some moving parts that just "catch" when you turn into one direction only?>In my city, Strasbourg, there is a company where I can buy >these items with custom N. Hmm. There are "door closing" hydraulic things that have a pulling force (probably a vacuum inside the tube) - that could work when used with just one bolt pointing downwards from the yoke axle, attached to that and fastened to the bottom part of the yoke column..Hmm.The centering force really doesnt need to be strong since yeah, the controls are usually well balanced in real planes (I have some hours, doing the PPL currently, roughly 12 hours to go still)I got to play wiht some thoughts and see what I come up with. The dampers really do make a big difference, the worst controller ever is a joystick loaded with a strong spring that has a huge centering force but nothing to slow the motion.Tuomas

Roger, THIS IS A MUST SEE! Wow, my mouth is dripping... I would love to have one of those like yours.

>Jealous that you can put you panel in a cockpit >configuation. Mine is just....putting like storage at this >moment. Well i'd really like to have a storage such yours...Second pic is just what i'd really really love to have home :'''(Claudio

Hi Claudio,That take some luck to collect parts. I bought all three main panels in around 400 dollars plus shipping. The seller bought the whole 747-100 "head" section in $500 dollar only. Also, some parts you think it shouldn't cost you much, but end up may cost you real much. (e.g. the marker lights set, outer, middle , airway, they cost me $50 for two pair.....shi...) I bought my HF panel in $15 dollars which only require some simple repainting work. Overall, that's a very interesting and challenging project. Can make a lot of different friends from different countries, but with the same attitude toward aviation.Sincerely,Alkit