Sign in to follow this  
Chris Willis

OT: For Those Don't have the Java Virtual Machine On Xp

Hi, Since Ms have decide to remove the Java Virtual Machine on the Latest installation of Xp, you will have to download first:On Windows Xp there is a trick, First download the Java virtual machine from Sunhttp://java.sun.com/getjava/download.htmlAfter go to Windows Update, you will see NOW the Java Virtual Machine From Ms available on windows update, after the Ms Java installation, you can remove the Java Sun from your computer to save ressource.As Real As Before!ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Be aware, though, that with this install of Java there is a possibiility that you will, at the same time and for some unknown reason, disable the MS JavaScript (Java and JavaScript are not the same thing). If needed, here's the fix (thank you Mr. Marfer): Go to Start/Run and type regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll then regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll regsvr32 Mshtml.dll regsvr32 Urlmon.dll SFC /SCANNOW (you may need to press 'r' for retry many times)Restart IE then regsvr32 Shell32.dllTrip

Guest oyvindhansen

So why would you want MS virtual machine when you have Sun Java, which I think is actually Java2? - Oyvind

FWIW, Micrsoft had little choice but to remove it as they were sued by Sun. The plan on including in the SP, though.Matt

Guest Paul_W

I have Windows XP (Home) and didn't know I was missing anything. What difference does the Java Virtual Machine make? So far as I know I haven't had any problems at the Web sites I visit (in fact I just loaded a stock charting applet in IE that I believe is done in Java and it worked fine).

Early versions of XP came with the VM. Some time during production, they were forced to get rid of it. The newer versions don't come with it. If you loaded an applet in IE, then you have the VM and have nothing to worry about. ;)Matt

Hi, I have the same version installed earlier after the release including Vm, reinstall it last weeks, it does not include Vm. I think in the installation it connect to the net, I don't know...But in earlier installation it was including, I have installed on 3 differents fresh machine with the same version and there is no Vm ....If you have a chance to reinstalled on another new machine, check if the java is included.Vm can used for chat, scrolling message, animation in java etc. on web site.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis