Sign in to follow this  
PeterR

A Challenge for Repainters...

Guest Joshieca

I was thinking about this earlier today as I was writing my fifth help guide. I would like to challenge a bored aircraft repainter to come up with a "clear" texture/repaint. Basically take a good sized jet, 757,767,777, etc, and repaint it clear...or "semi" see through. Maybe so that you can see the wires, gears, passengers and their luggage and chairs, the pilots, flight attendants, etc.I think it would be cool. Would be a huge, ambitious project for someone.I don't know, maybe I am nuts, what do you all think about such a repaint?[br][br][div align=center][br][link:members.cox.net/fstimes/wetimage.html]Click Here For Weather Image of the Day!

You mean an FSDS or Gmax model without textures then ;-)But you would only be able to see it in the design tool..... not in FS2002 the way I understand how it works ? :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

I think it would mean designing an entire new aircraft. It would mean great detail on the inside of the plane (which is detrimetal to frame rates). You can see detail inside the cabin on the PA Airbus, for example, but I doubt that's detailed enough to look pleasing if the entire fuselage is transparent... and what about the cargo bays etc? Although I believe, it could be done, I think that thing would be the mother of all frame-rate hogs (I suppose you'd want to put in a complex panel like PSS as well :)).Cheers,Gosta.

Guest Joshieca

No you wouldn't have to design a new aircraft model.I was thinking more like using photo textures, sort of like a cut away view with partial skins.

Aah I understand. Fake it you mean, as if you are looking at the inside, but it is just 'pasted on'.... hmmmmm :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

That would be okay if you only took a screenshot of the final plane. As soon as you change your point of view, it wouldn't look right (i.e no depth). Interesting idea, though.