Sign in to follow this  

How can FS run in two screens?

Hi there!I have just buyed my self a Asus GeForce 4 Ti4600 128mb with dual monitors, so now I have connected two screens to my computer, but how can I use FS in both of my screens?If this have been told before so please give me a link because i could not find anything when i searched!Thank you :)

>Hi there! >>I have just buyed my self a Asus GeForce 4 Ti4600 128mb with >dual monitors, so now I have connected two screens to my >computer, but how can I use FS in both of my screens? >>If this have been told before so please give me a link >because i could not find anything when i searched! >>Thank you :) Try right clicking a view, and -> Undock window. Then you can drag it to the other screen.I do this for my instrument panel since I have a smaller monitor attached to the computer for instruments, and I run full screen "3D view" on the larger one.I dont know if you can have two fullscreen views, maybe someone else knows?Tuomas

Hi!I did what you said and it worked!But the problem is that my frame-rate then jumped from 20 and down to 5!If anyone have a resolution that does not effect the frame-rate I would be very happy if you told me!Or if you have a link to a step to step guide etc. please leave the link here :)Thanks alot!

Hi Julian.What do you want to display? It sounds like you have two separate "full-screen" displays, which will kill your frame rates.If you want to run two outside full screen views, you must trick flight sim. The way to do this is to use a video card that allows you to run at least 2058 X 1538. I suspect your card will handle this as my eVGA e-GeForce4 Ti4200, 128M DDR, does. Perform a normal installation, but do not activate the second monitor. Go into Nview & check the box labled spread horizontal span. Then open up flight sim & go to display options & scroll down until you see the 2058 X 1538 resolution. Check this. When you go back to flight sim you will have flight sim spread over two monitors. The instrument panel looks really goofy. But I only use the virtual cockpit & zoom in until just the top of the panel shows. This is because I have a Cessna 172 panel with real instruments & I only use the outside view. Anyway, my sytem, Athlon 1.5G, 768DDR Ram, runs about 20fps. And with this setup, flight sim adds 22.5 degrees to each side of the view. The only problem is that when you bank there is a step in the horizon line.Check out the WidevieW forum for more info. http://www.escapeairlines.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=WVRegards,Jim