Sign in to follow this  

Project Magenta might stop selling to cockpit builder..

Hi everybody,I just red an incredible news in the german cockpit builder forum.http://www.wcm.at/vb2/showthread.php?s=&th...38&pagenumber=2Enrico Schiratti announced that he might stop selling his products to the cockpit builder community and will concentrate his business only on the professionnal simulation market. Support for amateurs will be maintained.It may open a huge door to skilled programmers.Happy New Year to youRoger

My thanks go to Roger for this post ;-)The door has been open for ages, I do not know how you justify only telling half of the story.I said that it is possible that at some time in 2003 the normal sales to hobbyists might be stopped because I am just one man and there are only so many hours in a day. Handling new sales, hardware-setup etc is a considerable support effort for us and I want to be able to manage things properly as we have done in the past.I also said very clearly that the support of the software would then of course be continued.What kind of campaign is this supposed to be? ;-)CiaoEnrico>Hi everybody, >>I just red an incredible news in the german cockpit builder >forum. >http://www.wcm.at/vb2/showthread.php?s=&th...38&pagenumber=2 >>Enrico Schiratti announced that he might stop selling his >products to the cockpit builder community and will >concentrate his business only on the professionnal >simulation market. Support for amateurs will be maintained. >>It may open a huge door to skilled programmers. >>Happy New Year to you >>Roger

Hi Enrico,Your are very too sensitive, I guess. I was following the thread in german and was simply amazed to read that you intend not to sell to hobbyst next year.What other intention might I had if not the one willing to inform the community of a published fact. I feel you a bit paranoid. There is no bad intention. I do not have any commercial interest in that area. Please accept my apologize.RegardsRoger

Roger,With all due respect, the german thread that you mentioned, is a repeat of other past threads, including several on here. They tend to repeat themselves every few months, with exactly the same theme. In fact one or two well-known community members were on this very forum criticising Enrico's actions earlier in the year.Unfortunately these individuals fail to comprehend the effect of their actions (ie posts), not only to the community as a whole, but to individuals such as Enrico.Maybe with this in mind you can understand Enrico's reaction. Personally if I were in Enrico's shoes, I would have left this community a long time.Darren

Darren,As I wrote, I do apologize if I have made a mistake. I did not want to hurt any individual and far not the sympathetic Enrico. I just followed a thread and was not concerned by it as far as I am not a customer of Enricos products. I was not aware about the past and all former "inquisitions" in Enrico's way of making business. As a potential customer I did read what everybody calls a "news". It is important to say that "I did not" write in that thread that " We might stop to sell to the hobbyst" ( I am not a patented translater - but IMHO, MIGHT is far not WILL) but Enrico DID IT, and after that the comment goes public. Willing as often as I can to share some informations for the community, it seemed to me important to alert the community. The commentary about the " opened doors" was simply a naive statement hoping that some other will take the relay after Enrico had left our community. As I said directly to Enrico, I had no intention to harm any business of anybody. I simply and naivly thought that it would be interesting for a part of the community to know what was Enrico's vision for 2003.And how could I harm any potential business since our community seems not anymore interesting in terms of business for his company. With my best regards to everybody and still Happy New Year!!Roger

Actually I would like to thank Roger for bringing this to our attention. For a while now ive had my priorities set on getting as much hadware as i can before begginning the construction of my pit. Obviously it would have been a bitter dissapointment to have spent $$$$ and time constructing the c/p only to find out later that the great project magenta software was now longer available to us hobbyists. Thanks to Roger as this is no longer going to happen to me.CheersGaz

Roger,No need to apologise, I just wanted to give you a little bit of background info. I was not criticising your post, just pointing out that threads such as the German one, do damage our hobby in one way or another.Imagine if those hobbyists put as much energy into building their flightdecks as they did in starting those kind of threads, we would have some excellent projects out there ;)Darren

OK this goes out for the people who just got on the turnip truck... should I be worried about buying this PROJECT MAGENTA and being out in the pasture? I dont know about these German report?? Im new 3rd post.THANKSJON

Guys, If there is no Project Magenta, what would be our other options? I know there is such another program which is know as free FD, But I hardly could download FD and engine indicator... in which I mean is no way I could download the boeing glasscockpit from that website, I keep on e mailing to those creators, and they never once reply back at me. So, I hope erico would have come up with second thought and keep his business next year.

JON"From Enrico" I said that it is possible that at some time in 2003 the normal sales to hobbyists might be stopped because I am just one man and there are only so many hours in a day. Handling new sales, hardware-setup etc is a considerable support effort for us and I want to be able to manage things properly as we have done in the past.I also said very clearly that the support of the software would then of course be continued.Jon if you do decide to purchase the software you will not be left out in the pastures as support of the software would be fully supported. However the continuing purchase for us at some time in 2003 "might" and I stress the word "might" come into question. I guess it just depends on Enricos workload for 2003. In view of this possibility iam planning on making the next purchase for my sim the full Boeing magenta software package, just to be on the safe side.CheersGaz