Sign in to follow this  
Guest paulri

Flight Deck Companion

Guys, Any one using this program, if so, how do you rate it ??I have used S-Combo, and it works great, however, it has no prop aeroplanes.I like to fly the DC-6, and would like to make the proper check-lists for it.Thanks Denny

Hi Denny,I would not fly without it...I am hooked. Dave March really out did himself on this one. If you want to make the proper check list for your DC-6 you will have the tool to do it with the "Flight Deck Companion"Good Luck This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

I think it's great except I could do without the inane authentication routine. You'd think this was OS X or something. You MUST put the CD into the drive every week or else she won't go. Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Guest gasebah

It is very well made and I used it a lot for some time when I was hooked to the airliners. If you like the features..teh program is made extremly well, no probs at all. Now I am flying GAs mostly and I do not use it anymore. The problem with all this stuff is that when you have enough add-ons it wil take you 30 minutes before you can even start flying. Loading flightmax, programming, loading FDC programming, loading FSMEteo, programming, Setup the FDC......Alex

Thank all you guys for your replys. This is what makes this hobby so great.Denny

Hey folks,How's it goin'? (bit of newfie slang for ya there! ;-) )After reading this thread, I am quite eager to get a hold of this software. Does anyone know what store might carry it? Would EB, Future Shop, or Wal-Mart carry it by any chance? Or is our only option to order it from the FDC website?Thanks in advance,Gord NoseworthyNewfoundland, Canada (CYYT)

Hi Flash Gordon,As far as I know it can only purchase through the website or another flight sim store. If you enjoy flying heavies you will love the FDC.I was was one of the lucky ones on the Flight Deck Companion beta team.This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Hi Robert,While I do enjoy a scatter trip in the 737, I mostly fly the regional aircraft (Dash 8, Piper Cheyenne LS 400, and since 2 days ago, the fabulous ATR 42-500!! Love that plane!!) I also enjoy GA aircraft quite a bit. So I take it this package is mostly for the "heavy" pilots! (and I don't mean heavy at the waist line! ;-) )Gord NoseworthyNewfoundland, Canada (CYYT)

Guest paulri

Hi Gord,Not at all just for "heavy iron" pilots. Now before I say more, I was also part of the FDC Team, so you can consider me biased if you wish :-)The majority of my testing was done using the Ka350. I also used the Cessna 182S as well. Jim Hickman, another tester, also used GA aircraft extensively I believe. Just a few minutes ago, I finished a Cessan Grand Ccaravan flight using FDC. Works fine. The beauty of FDC is you can configure it for whatever you want. Don't fly an airliner--fine, turn off the cabin announcements. You still can have GWPS, a VCP, checklists, performance files, etc. Fly single pilot, then turn off the CP portion and use the CL function to read you the checklists--like a tape recorder. :-)You can use it just about anyway you want--VERY flexible. HTH,PaulPS I believe some of the flight sim sites, located here in the States, are selling FDC. Not sure which ones, but post on the FDC forum, I think Dave could answer that one. I believe also that Electronic Botique was also supposed to sell FDC, but do not know if they are.

Sounds good to me!! If only I could buy it locally! That would be great! I guess I'll have to break down and purchase it this evening. The exchange rate is gonna kill me! :-(Thanks for all your input guys! I greatly appreciate it!Gord NoseworthyNewfoundland, Canada (CYYT)

Guest paulri

Hey Gord, Check out some of the sim sites on this side of the pond. Go to those that have a review of FDC first (list is on the FDC site in a thread)--you might be able to avoid the exchange rate--or at least the one between this side and the other. For Canada and US, I don't know. Avsim did a review, and is selling it in their store. Or at least the store web page has a link to it.HTHPaul

Hi PaulWould you reccomend fdc over fshotseat, having trouble deciding, i am after flexibility mostly fly ga and heavies mainly 737 pmdg,thanks for your help,want maximum reality eg fmc programming etc and not sure which product will suitRegardsWayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Excellent! You may find that you overlook some of the provisions if you are not careful. It is full of useful applications to do and say just about anything you might desire of a Copilot, Checklists, and aircraft to your liking. Hang in there with the learning curve.Happy Flying:RTH