Sign in to follow this  
Guest flash828

Advice about the PFC yokes...

Guest flash828

Hi, Last month bought their Throttle Quad and now I would like to replace my plastic CH yoke. I was looking into the Jet style Yoke. My question to you owners (or wanna be's like me) is what do you think about the table top version compared to the floor standing. I fly a mix, including small singles and I don't know how the floor standing would "feel" If you own it, do you like it? It's about $150 difference in price so just wanted to get some input before I spend that much money.Thanks!!!Rob(posted in another fourm too)

I have the AFCS II (table top) I had thought about the jet yoke, but am very pleased I got this.

>Hi, Last month bought their Throttle Quad and now I would >like to replace my plastic CH yoke. I was looking into the >Jet style Yoke. My question to you owners (or wanna be's >like me) is what do you think about the table top version >compared to the floor standing. I fly a mix, including small >singles and I don't know how the floor standing would "feel" >If you own it, do you like it? It's about $150 difference in >price so just wanted to get some input before I spend that >much money. I built a prototype "pole" yoke myself ("jet style", though it was just a proto, but anyway) - when one is flying, all that matters is the handle and how it moves in front of you. I fly Cessna 172 with fs2002 a lot, and I had no problems with the "standing" yoke. It moves the same way anyway.A thing to consider is that if you have a free standing yoke, you have more freedom in making your instrument panel. On a real cessna the yoke pokes through the panel in between the avionics, and that has some limitations if your panel happens to be a CRT monitor behind a plywood panel with holes.. An illustration below:http://tigert.gimp.org/vatsim/cockpit-stuf...topconsole9.jpg So I decided to build myself a jet-style yoke for that reason. Personally I dont think it matters that much - more important is the feeling and resistance of movement that helps you to make careful and slow movements. I always over-steer with a joystick so the flying is wobbly, with the proto yoke it was much nicer because the movement was longer and it had more tension. Which reminds me, I need to finish my floor-yoke :-)Tuomas

Guest flash828

I decided to go with the floor standing. Thanks for your info guys. Like the idea of "freedom" in making the home cockpit. Nice pic/setup too. Rob