Sign in to follow this  

Hagstrom keyboard encoder

I installed a KE72 keyboard encoder on a MCP panel for use with 767PIC addon. after I loaded the cfg with the right combination of key presses for each switch I checked it in note pad to make sure they were saved correctly on the KE72 board. No problem every combo worked great! Now the problem when running FS2002 the switches don't operate. I went into PIC custom settings and check the assignments and all of the swithces were recognised, but after saving and returning to FS2002 I get sporatic recognition. If I press a button several times it might engage, if I flip a switch several times it might engage etc... Anyone else have this problem and what did you do to correct it. I don't think it's the encoder or the switches because I can see them both work in note pad. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Rich

Stephan, No I never programed the delay.I read that post once before and it completly slipped my mind. Thanks for putting me on the right track. I will try that tonight. Thanks, Rich

Hi Folks.My enquiry deals with all those mouse clicks required to run a simulator!Hagstrom goes a long way to help by converting key strokes to actual switches and buttons etc - but there are a number of items that can only be operated by the mouse (no key stroke codes available). Typically, the GPS and a number of on screen switches. There is not even any narrative for these items within FS to asign our own key strokes! Does anybody know of a comprehensive key stroke list that would cover all these missing items? Clearly, EPIC and GO FLIGHT are able to target anything they like without the need for keyboard encoders - presumably using special software? Here's hoping.Regards to everybody.TONY (U.K.) belairvideo@aol.com

Tony, I believe you are right Epic and GO-Flight use a different system then what we are attempting to do with a keyboard encoder. I know of a program called key2mouse that you can use to assign key strokes to mouse click areas on the screen. For the life of me I can't remember the link to it but I'm sure if you do a search in the library you will find the program. I believe that is where I got it. Not as easy as using Epic or Go-Flight but I am running a MCP, Landing gear, Flaps etc... for a whole lot less. Rich

I have the Key2mouse program and it is excellent! I just got my Hagstrom KE72 today and have not yet connected it but I hope to use the key2mouse program then the hagstrom to virtually assign mouse clicks to switches. I am told this works quite nicely, I already have a few switch panels including the default GPS panel with switches installed so once I hook it all up I should be able to manipulate everything through actual switch panels on my dashboard. I'll post my results when I get it all working if anyone is interested.http://www.ktone.org/images/FSD_ken.jpg

Hi,Before getting too enthousiastic; don't forget that there are also severe drawbacks to the key2mouse approach:1. The window with the clickable spot has to be active ... --- which is not necessary for the KE72 approach2. The key2mouse program is very sensitive for the correct position of the clickable spot at your screen. If you switch for instance between windowed and full screen mode it does no longer work. The same if you, by accident or on purpose, have changed the position of your window at the screen ... --- which is not teh case for the KE72 approach3. You will see an, in my opinion, irritating "hand" as mousepointer during the click ... --- which is not the case for the KE72 approach.Summary: Key2mouse is a good program, especially for those functions that cannot be controlled by a keyboard.For the keyboard controllable functions I would recommend the KE72. Regards,Nicohttp://home.planet.nl/~nwkaan/

<<<>>Yes I agree 100%. There are some add on aircraft that add features that only work with a mouse click and for those, the key2mouse is the only way to make them work VIA a toggle switch using the Hagstrom encoder. I fully understand the limitations of this utility. FSUIPC has a "Stop Cockpit resizing" check box that makes the panel impossible to move once it is set in position and it is a MUST when using key2mouse. I have been using it for a while now and have had very good results with it.http://www.ktone.org/images/FSD_ken.jpg