Sign in to follow this  

knobs and switches, anyone?

Where can I find knobs and swithces just like the ones in a 767 to add to my project? thanks

Guest MikePowell

Many knobs used by Boeing were made by the Aerospace Knob corp. Aerospace Knob was acquired by Kory-Easterline. The knobs are actually clear with a layer of paint. This allows the knobs to be "trans-illuminated", meaning that backligthing the knob makes markings on the knob glow. Pretty neat. Pretty expensive, too. If you take a look at the Korry site www.korry.com you should find their on line catalog with extensive drawings of the switches. Options for obtaining these knobs: 1. Pay aerospace prices and meet minimum order size from Korry.2. Get lucky on Ebay or other auction site.3. Make your own knobs using casting acrylic.4. Look through electronics suppliers catalogs for similar, but affordable knobs. (Digikey, Mouser, etc.)Korry also makes switches, as do other aerospace companies. (See the link pages on my site for other manufacturers.) Pretty much the same story with regard to switches, except they're a bit harder to make. Frequently, people have substituted AML series Microswitch brand illuminated push button switches for the aerospace rated units. Another substitute is the Mountain Switch by Miyama (?). I think Mouser carries both.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.comInfo for simpit builders.

Guest Dodiano

I have some korry Switches, they are not exactly the same because of the engraving markings but they could easilly be modified if neccessary to suit your needs mail me at viro_online@hotmail.com for info...Take care