Sign in to follow this  

Proposed Cockpit Design

I have spent a lot of time thinking about the design of a very versatile cockpit for my home. I want the flexibility of flying a Cessna 172 during my flight training and to be able to fly large jetliners for fun... all from one setup that can be modified easily to accomodate said changes. I propose the following setup:Computer 1:Windows XPFS2002 ProMatrox Parphelia (AGP) - Three 15" LCDRadeon 7500 (PCI) - 17" CRTComputer 2:Windows XPProject MagentaRadeon 8500 - 2 19" CRT'sSingle Engine Solution- (picture 2)Computer 1:FS2K2 with Outside view w/Matrox ParpheliaInstrument View undocked to 17" CRT on Radeon 7500Computer 2:Misc. Utility Programs for FS2K2FSFlightMaxFlightsoft of FSNav4.51WideFSJetliner Solution- (picture 1)Computer 1:FS2K2 Outside View on Matrox ParpheliaComputer 2:Project Magenta PFD/ND/FMC/MCP on 2 19" CRT'sWideFSQUESTIONS-1. Will I be able to run the FS2K2 outside view on the Matrox Parhelia (3 LCD's) and the instruments on the Radeon (Single CRT)by undocking them and moving them there (from the single computer)?2. Is there a better way of distributing the outside view and the instruments view across computers? I would like to avoid using Wideview if possible, since it is said to not support instruments anymore.Any ideas are greatly appreciated!Dave*Disclaimer: Ouside view from both pictures were cut from an a post by 'dacostad'. I hope he does not mind, but if so, I will gladly remove the pictures.

No problem Dave.Looks like a good plan - Can't really comment on your proposed setup as I have not tried to vid cards in one PCDavid