Sign in to follow this  

Hagstrom KE72LOAD Question

I just connected my Hagstrom KE72 and connected two test switches. After creating a seneca.cfg file from the sample.cfg that came with it. I am unable to load my seneca.cfg file. I am using Win98SE and according to the documentation to load a cfg file through the keyboard port (k) I must boot in true DOS mode. I have forgotten everything I ever knew about DOS (and that wasn't much!) But here is what I get:I restart my computer in DOS mode. At the Command prompt I get: C:/Windows> Then I type in "KE72LOAD seneca.cfg k" exactly like the documentation says and I get:bad command or file nameI put the seneca.cfg file in the windows directory before I booted up in DOS mode. What am I doing wrong here?? I went to notepad and tested my two switches and they are outputting "A" and "B" which is the default cfg file that came loaded in the KE72 so I know my switches work but I need to load my own .cfg file. Can anyone lend me a hand please, I am anxious to start wiring up my cockpit but I am stuck here. Thanks,Ken

>I just connected my Hagstrom KE72 and connected two test >switches. After creating a seneca.cfg file from the >sample.cfg that came with it. I am unable to load my >seneca.cfg file. I am using Win98SE and according to the >documentation to load a cfg file through the keyboard port >(k) I must boot in true DOS mode. I have forgotten >everything I ever knew about DOS (and that wasn't much!) But >here is what I get: >I restart my computer in DOS mode. At the Command prompt I >get: >>C:/Windows> >>Then I type in "KE72LOAD seneca.cfg k" exactly like the >documentation says and I get: >>bad command or file name Sounds like the "KE72LOAD.exe" is not on your PATH, you need to supply a full path to the executable, DOS command interpreter apparently cannot find the executable. So something like: "C:whereveryouinstalleditKE72LOAD C:pathtoseneca.cfg k"I hope this helps.Tuomas

Thanks...I knew I had to do something else I just completely forgot how to use DOS. I'll try that tonight.Edit: I had a few minutes this morning and loaded it just fine. My magneto switches worked flawlessly! Thanks for your help. It's nice to have this Forum full of helpful people.Ken

>Thanks...I knew I had to do something else I just completely >forgot how to use DOS. I'll try that tonight. >>Edit: I had a few minutes this morning and loaded it just >fine. My magneto switches worked flawlessly! Thanks for your >help. It's nice to have this Forum full of helpful people. Don't you love that feeling when you do the wiring, and the switch magically works in FS? :-) Going through the C172 checklist from "cold cockpit" to startup up to listening to ATIS was a pretty awesome thing.. I still need to solder a bunch of stuff to finish the radio panel, but it totally adds to the experience when you have real knobs on the right places..Great that it worked!Tuomas

<<>>Yes it was like magic! I actually sat there throwing switches for about ten minutes just watching it all happen. This is definately one of the best investments I have made for my sim. Thanks again for your help.Ken

Pesach,Below I have posted a diagram for you to assist in wiring the AML's correctly. Also I took a look at your programming and it looks correct. Just make sure the wires for the switch are correctly attached to the output pins of the KE72.Michael