Sign in to follow this  

Tv, HDTV And fs2002

Is anyone using a tv for a monitor? How does it look?I have a geforce 4 ti4200.I currently have a 21" monitor with a fresnel lens. I can't afford a projector, and want a bigger display.Do HDTV's work with pc's. Do they look better than regular tv's?Are there tv's with DVI inputs?

>Is anyone using a tv for a monitor? How does it look? >>I have a geforce 4 ti4200. >I currently have a 21" monitor with a fresnel lens. I can't >afford a projector, and want a bigger display. >>Do HDTV's work with pc's. Do they look better than regular >tv's? >Are there tv's with DVI inputs? HDtv = High Definition TVThose really are big digital monitors with the features of a television also (like a tv tuner).Many have DVI inputs, some VGA inputs.But don't expect them to be cheaper than a projector, instead it's the contrary.Mainly because those tvs are produced only in big dimensions (40" and the likes)

Actually, the 4:3 ratio 1080i TV's (HDTV) range from 27" to 36". Sony makes a 40" but it has some problems with the aspect ratio. My 32" HDTV is coming friday and has 2 RGB ports, 2 DVI, and 1 S-Video. I can't wait to plug my computer into it and have a look. I'll report back next weekend.Smokintodd out.Operating out of CYXU.Athlon 1.4Asus A7M512MB DDRGF3 Ti200SB LiveWin98SE

Hi, I have the Sony 40" HD Monitor however the other posting are correct as far as the price compared to a projector. I bought it when in came out and paid $3,500.00 a good Plasma projector goes close to that, besides I got it so my girlfriend could watch her shows in luxury and I could free up my time for my 747-400 project!!!I havent heard (other than this forum)about a bad aspect ratio though, I suppose I could get a 20' s-video cable and give her a test fly. (The TV not the girlfriend)I also bought it for the X-Box, to die for.

PLease let me know how it Performs when you get it.I'm curious as to how other things lookas well, like the Internet. Is the text going to be clear.

Sir,I am using 3 Panasonic 40" LCD projection monitors with FS2002. Each monitor is driven by one computer via a Matrox Parhelia video card in triple mode "surround gaming" output.The Pansonic is an HDTV and is in 16x9 screen format....the model is the Panasonic PT40LC12 and they are priced in the $2500 range. While that sounds steep....did you ever try to price a regular 40 computer LCD monitor? Sony has a 23" LCD monitor but it is 3000.Regards,Cap'n Tarmack

Guest PeterK

PeterKYears ago I had a SVGA to TV ch3 converter...I little box for $29not the radio shack modulator but a computer converter...I discovered that when the computer was converted to 512 scan lines NTSC it looked pretty bad...flight sims lost all detail...Iv seen a HGTV monitor with a SVGA input with double the scan linesover NTSC tv ,,HGTV should look great...But out of my price range...Pete.. Http://home.attbi.com/~fs-boneyard