Sign in to follow this  
Guest FS_freak

TNT2 M64 PCI card on a second PC

Guest FS_freak

For all you guys out there who have a TNT2 PCI card on your setups, I would really appreciate some advise on getting mine to work. As I said on a previous post, I am trying to install this card on a TXPro-II mobo with a Pentium 233MMX processor, 32MB DIMM RAM. The mobo has onboard 4MB VGA. I have tried installing it on all four PCI slots but there is no video signal coming from the Nvidia card. It is not damaged as it has been tested successfully on my main Athlon system. Even with the TNT2 properly seated on any of the TXPro-II's PCI slots, the mobo will continue routing video through the onboard VGA. Is there a way to disable onboard video? There is an option on the BIOS but it is inactive and by default enables onboard VGA. My main system requires that the PCI/AGP priority be defined before booting so it can detect the TNT2 card on the PCI slot. However there is no AGP slot on the second PC so that option does no exist on it's Bios. Thanks in advance for your help.

Guest FS_freak

Forget the TNT2 card! I guess that's why nobody answered my post or even looked at it. I am talking about disabling the onboard VGA through the Bios of a TXPro-II mobo so I can get ANY PCI video card to work. Any thoughts?

Calm down! This forum doesn't see the amount of traffic as some of the other forums. Also, the number of viewers for your post doesn't necessarily mean that forum members haven't looked at your post because there is a glitch in the view numbers until someone posts a reply.Now on to your problem. The only way to tell if your BIOS can disable the on-board VGA, is to enter BIOS and look. Since most posters aren't going to have your computer then they (as I) cannot tell you. There also may be hardware jumpers to disable the on-board VGA. Do you have the manual for the MOBO? If not, try searching the web for the MOBO manufacturer - http://www.pcchips.com.tw/ (if indeed, they are the MOBO manufactuerer).What OS are you using on this computer? Win98SE/ME/XP. The dual monitor limitation may be due to the OS. It may also be a limitation of the MOBO BIOS not supporting a dual monitor configuration.If you have Win98 and above, select start, help, and type "Multiple display support" and see if there is any information to help your situation.One of the things would be to try and make sure you don't have any contentions between the two, such as IRQs and Memory Areas. Also you will need graphics drivers that support each graphics driver. I think the NVidia Drivers will work on your TNT2.Hope in some way that this will help you fix your problem.

Guest FS_freak

Oh Ok, I wasn't aware of the glitch in the view counter. Sorry. However, I was just bumping my post back to the top so more people could see it. Thanks anyways Wsieffert.Now I find it hard to beleive that none of the cockpit builders here has a TXPro-II Mobo. They were quite popular a couple of years back and I understand many of us use outdated hardware to build our cockpits, specially when we're on a budget. I would just like to set something straight. I am NOT trying to build a multiple monitor setup on a single PC. I have an Athlon system with only one monitor as my main FS PC. It is networked with the Pentium 233 which runs FreeFD's PFD, ND and EICAS. The thing is that I get very bad frame rates from the Pentium so following some advise on other forums, I bought the TNT2 card. Just can't get it to work on the TXPro-II motherboard housing the Pentium 233 processor. Have tried all the mainstream technical forums on the web to no avail. Guess I'll just have to ditch my project until I have the resources to buy better hardware. Thanks all the same.Maurice