Sign in to follow this  

Multiple monitor and panel placement

Alberto,My projector is positioned approx 9 1/2 ft back from the screen. The projector is ceiling mounted and hangs about 10" from the ceiling. I tried mounting mine closer but found that this was the majic spot. Also, something to keep in mind....I had hoped to build a full enclosure cockpit but that will not be possible with the front projection. Anything above about 4ft starts to cast a shadow on the screen. To get 4ft clearance your panel needs to be back about 4ft from the screen. So, it pretty much wipes out the possibility of an overhead panel and window frames, but in my case I have no other choice until I can find a bigger room to build this in. I figured that having the big screen and a full glareshield/MCP/Pedestal would give me a pretty realistic experience. Heck, by the time I have all that built...who knows I may have bought a bigger house!Cheers,Kevin>Kevin, >As I don't have to much room space to have a projection of >90", please let me know how much would be the minimum size >of the projection , in order I have a good feeling of a real >flight. >I am building a 737-400 cockpit and I arrived at the time to >decide on the projection . >Your projection is fantastic. >Thanks and best regards. >Alberto Kunzel

Kevin, I posted that thread about the parallax problem. You should bear in mind that in a cockpit large as a 767 for example , you

Guest RichardL

I found a post that may fix this problem. Go to Enrico Schiratti's site ProjectMagenta.com. Look in Newsgroup for the post "Pilot's Eye View". There is an adjustment in the aircraft.cfg file under [VIEWS] called eyepoint=80.078433,-2.999262,5.540732 or something similar. The writer suggests changing the second entry to 0. This will place the eyepoint at center.Goodbye paralax problem.Richard

Interesting, I hadn't thought about the affect of sitting in capt'n seat slightly left of centerline. I'll have to give it a try on mine to see if I experience this affect.Thanks for the heads up on PM's posting re: Pilot's Eye View, I'll check it out.Kevin